Once you enter the United States with a Form I-20 and F-1 Visa, you are in the United States under F-1 student status. While we strive to provide up-to-date and comprehensive information on our website, it is ultimately your responsibility to be aware of the rules and regulations that govern your F-1 student status. If you violate the rules and regulations set forth by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), your F-1 student status may be revoked and you may have to leave the United States immediately. Please keep yourself informed by checking your CCSF e-mail.
Important Deadlines - Fall 2020
AUGUST 28, 2020
- Last day to drop a full-term class for a 100% refund - do not drop below 12 units! (note: it is the student's responsibility to drop the class(es) before the refund deadline)
SEPTEMBER 4, 2020
- Last day to fulfill the full-time enrollment requirement (12 units)
- Last day to add a full-term class
- Last day to submit request for final-semester Reduced Course Load (RCL)
- Last day to be enrolled in the mandatory international health insurance
- Last day to drop a class without a "W" on your transcript
SEPTEMBER 10, 2020
- Last day to drop a full-term class for a 50% refund of tuition fees - do not drop below 12 units! (note: it is the student's responsibility to drop the class(es) before the refund deadline)
OCTOBER 1, 2020
- Last day to file a petition for an Associate Degree and/or a Certificate if you are graduating in Fall 2020. You must see a counselor before submitting your petition, and must also inform the Office of International Programs (OIP) that you are graduating.
NOVEMBER 5, 2020
- Last day to drop a class with a "W" on your transcript (without a letter grade) - Remember to maintain 12 units at all times, unless you are approved for RCL.
NOVEMBER 18, 2020
- Last day to apply for a program extension (if your I-20 expires at the end of Fall 2020)
FEBRUARY 3, 2021
- Last day to submit transfer-out documents for students transferring to another institution in the U.S.
- Last day to complete the online OPT (Optional Practical Training) workshop for Fall 2020 graduates