Student Parents Now Have Priority Registration! Ask us to find out more
A Community for Student Parents
The Dr. Betty Shabazz Family Resource Center (FRC) recognizes the unique needs of students who are parenting while in school. The FRC provides CCSF student parents support through resource referrals, access to free childcare while in class, a quiet space to do homework, a child-friendly computer lab, and lots of opportunities to network with other parenting students at CCSF.
Are you a student and a parent? We want to hear from you!
Email us at email@example.com, or stop by the Student Union - room 201 - on the Ocean Campus - to learn more.
Services and Programs
All services at the Family Resource Center are free to current CCSF students.
PEP works similarly to a Co-Op. Student-Parents enrolled in PEP are allowed to leave their children while they attend class. Parents are allotted as little as 1 hour and up to 12 hours of care per week, depending on need. This program is limited and parents must go through an approval process before being allowed to use the program. All interested parties should be directed to an FRC program coordinator for information on space availability.
- Your child is 6 months to 5 years old.
- The maximum is 4 hours per day, no more than 12 hours a week.
- You must volunteer 1-3 hours a week
- Parents must be attending classes
- Must complete the necessary paperwork
- Open to both credit and non-credit students
Under this program, parents may bring their children with them to the Family Resource Center (FRC) children's activity room to play while they utilize the FRC computer lab, receive resources, take a break, attend a meeting, and/or utilized another program in the Student Union Building.
We are not a licensed daycare. Parents must remain in the building at all times!
To utilize drop-in, Parents must have their current information on file and notify the receptionist of where they are going to be at all times.
Drop-In is on a first-come-first-served basis and is dependent on space availability. It is highly recommended that you call ahead of time to secure a space.
- Your child is 6 months to 12 years old
- You must remain in the Student Union
- Fill out the necessary paperwork
- Maximum 4 hrs per day
- Space is limited - recommend calling ahead of time
The Family Resource Center is equipped with a computer lab and study area, which available for all students to use while on campus. However, priority is given to student-parents utilizing PEP and the drop-in program. Computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
In order to keep the computer lab a respectful and functional space for everyone, we ask that students respect the following rules:
- No risque or violent materials
- No swearing
- Limit cell phone use
- No food or drink near computers. Place your items on the tables adjacent to this area.
- Do not leave any items unattended
- Please, clean up after yourself.
- Must fill out a health screening for you and your child
- Must wear a mask at all times
To build a community of student parents that:
Supports through understanding
Advocates through experience
Empowers through education