Enrolling at Another Institution While Studying at CCSF
F-1 international students who are maintaining full-time student status at City College of San Francisco may be eligible to take courses at other colleges and universities as part of the benefits granted to them by their F-1 status. Students may want to take advantage of this benefit if desired courses are not available in the current term at CCSF or if you would like to take courses in anticipation of transferring to an upper-division school, for example.
Currently, the Office of International Programs (OIP) requires F-1 students to do the following to be eligible for Concurrent Enrollment:
- You must be in good immigration standing (active I-20/F-1 status)
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of nine (9) in-person units at City College (except summer)
- You must first register for your coursework at City College before the OIP can process your request for Concurrent Enrollment
- Once approved for Concurrent Enrollment, you must be enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 units at both schools combined, except summer)
- Once approved and once the semester starts, you will have to provide us with proof of enrollment at the other college/university
- Once the semester is finished, you will have to provide us with a copy of your transcript from the other college/university to show that you have completed the coursework there
How To Request Concurrent Enrollment Permission
- Fill out the online Concurrent Enrollment Form
- Once we receive your form, please allow 3-5 business days for processing. If approved, we will send you a letter of approval for concurrent enrollment
- Submit required documents to the college or university where you wish to take courses.
- Each college and university is different and may require different documentation. Please be sure to have all the information required before requesting authorization.
If you have any other questions regarding concurrent enrollment, please contact in a DSO in Cloud 212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.