Find a Job Working on Campus
The Office of Student Employment assists in the process of hiring student workers for on-campus employment. Our mission is to implement on-campus student employment as an educational experience which will contribute to our student's professional and personal maturity.
- First Work Day of Fall 2022: Wednesday, 8/17
- Deadline to hire for Fall: Friday, 11/18 at 5pm
- Last Work Day of Fall 2022: Tuesday, 12/20
- Fall 2022- Spring 2023 Intersession: Wednesday, 12/ 21- Friday, 1/6
- Deadline to apply for Intersession work: Thursday, 12/22 at 5pm
- Spring Early Clearance: Saturday, 1/7 – Friday, 1/13
- Deadline to apply for Early Clearance work: Monday, 1/9 at 5pm
- First Work Day of Spring 2023: Tuesday, 1/17
- Deadline to hire for Spring: Friday, 4/28 at 5pm
- Last Work Day of Spring 2023: Wednesday, 5/24
To be eligible for student employment, you must be currently enrolled at CCSF with the following minimum units:
- Credit students 6 units
- International F-1/ M-1 students: 12 units
- Noncredit students 12 hours/ wk.
- Credit students: 3 units
- International F-1/ m-1 students: 3 units,
- Noncredit students: 6 hours/ wk.
How to Begin
City College of San Francisco students seeking on-campus employment must log in to your myRAM Portal to begin the Student Hiring Eligibility Process (SHEP).
- Login to your myRAM Portal.
- Review and update your personal information if necessary
AFTER YOU ACCEPT A JOB OFFER, complete your two-step Tuberculosis (TB) Screening and Clearance. Contact Student Health Services to complete a health questionnaire.
Note: TB requirement will be waived for remote/ online work only. In-person work will require TB clearance from Student Health Services.
- Document your understanding of the CCSF Sexual Harassment Policy.
- Document your employment history with the City and County of San Francisco or City College of San Francisco.
- AFTER YOU ACCEPT A JOB OFFER, a direct deposit form will be emailed from Student Employment after we receive your job offer letter from your supervisor.
- Print "Eligible for Hire" page. View on-campus jobs in our Online Jobs Portal.
- AFTER YOU ACCEPT A JOB OFFER, complete a Form I-9. A Form i-9 will be emailed from Student Employment after we receive your job offer letter from your supervisor.
For detailed step-by-step instructions please review the Student Employment Handbook for students.
- Two-step TB clearance and Social Security Cards can delay the hiring process by several weeks. Please plan accordingly.
- Please submit your consent to the TB information release agreement in SHEP step#3 before visiting the Student Health Services.
- Know what Job Classification you fall under: Federal Work Study (FWS), Lab Aide (U), or Grants/ CalWORKs/ EOPS. Apply for Financial Aid at FASFA for FWS eligibility. Lab Aide (U) funded jobs are available to all CCSF students. Grants/ CalWORKs/ EOPS funded jobs are available to students who meet eligibility requirements, see departments for details.
- Find employment through Student Job Postings or inquire in- person within the department before you process your Form I-9 with Student Employment.
- Obtain a Student Employment Job Offer Form from your potential employer and bring it with you to the Student Employment Office at the time of Form I-9 processing.
- International F1 students, please obtain your employment authorization letter from the Office of International Programs (Cloud Hall 212) and your employer authorization letter from your supervisor before processing your Form I-9.
- Student workers are paid $16.99/hr (starting July 1, 2022) and can work a maximum of 15 hours per week.
Please reference the SHEP Brochure for Employers for step-by-step instructions on how to post a position and hire a student worker. For other inquiries, please contact me directly via email or office phone.
- Student-workers may not perform duties that may replace a Classified Employee.
- The Student Employment Job Offer Form is intended for new hires in need of Form I-9 processing. The purpose of this form is to verify the offer of employment. Please provide him/ her a job offer letter upon offer of employment. Thank you for your cooperation to avoid delays in hiring.
Please visit the Career Development Counseling Department.