Find a Job Working on Campus

The Office of Student Employment assists in the process of hiring student workers for on-campus employment. Our mission is to implement on-campus student employment as an educational experience which will contribute to our student's professional and personal maturity.

Important Dates:

  • Fall 2023 early clearance: August 5-15 
    • Early clearance deadline: August 4 at 5pm
  • First workday of Fall 2023: August 16  
    • Fall hire deadline: November 24 at 5pm
  • Last workday of Fall 2023: December 19
  • Fall/ Spring Intersession: December 20- January 5* 
    • *excludes December 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 and January 1 unless additional approval to work during winter break is requested. Supervisor must be working these days too.
Finding a Student Job at CCSF


To be eligible for student employment, you must be currently enrolled at CCSF with the following minimum units:

Fall/ Spring:

  • Credit students 6 units
  • International F-1/ M-1 students: 12 units
  • Noncredit students 12 hours/ wk.


  • Credit students: 3 units
  • International F-1/ m-1 students: 3 units,
  • Noncredit students: 6 hours/ wk.

How to Begin

City College of San Francisco students seeking on-campus employment must log in to your myRAM Portal to begin the Student Hiring Eligibility Process (SHEP).

  1. Login to your myRAM Portal
  2. Review and update your personal information if necessary
    1. AFTER YOU ACCEPT A JOB OFFER, complete your two-step Tuberculosis (TB) Screening and Clearance. Contact Student Health Services to complete a health questionnaire.
      Note: TB requirement will be waived for remote/ online work only. In-person work will require TB clearance from Student Health Services.

    2. COVID vaccination / exemption documentation
    3. CCSF Sexual Harassment Policy
    4. Employment history with the City and County of San Francisco or City College of San Francisco
    5. Direct Deposit. AFTER YOU ACCEPT A JOB OFFER, a direct deposit form will be emailed from Student Employment after we receive your job offer letter from your supervisor 
    6. "Eligible for Hire" page. View on-campus jobs in our Online Jobs Portal.
    7. Form i-9. AFTER YOU ACCEPT A JOB OFFER, Form i-9 will be emailed from Student Employment after we receive your job offer letter from your supervisor.

    For detailed step-by-step instructions please review the Student Employment Handbook for students.

    Useful Tips

    • Two-step TB clearance and Social Security Cards can delay the hiring process by several weeks. Please plan accordingly.
    • Please submit your consent to the TB information release agreement in SHEP step#3 before visiting the Student Health Services. 
    • Students are no longer required to submit proof of vaccination to enroll in in-person classes. Employees, including student employees, must continue to submit proof of vaccination.
    • Know what Job Classification you fall under: Federal Work Study (FWS), Lab Aide (U), or Grants/ CalWORKs/ EOPS. Apply for Financial Aid at FASFA for FWS eligibility. Lab Aide (U) funded jobs are available to all CCSF students. Grants/ CalWORKs/ EOPS funded jobs are available to students who meet eligibility requirements, see departments for details.
    • Find employment through Student Job Postings or inquire in-person within the desired department before requesting Direct Deposit and Form I-9.
    • Obtain a Student Employment Job Offer Form from your potential employer and bring it with you to the Student Employment Office at the time of Form I-9 processing.
    • International F1 students, employment authorization letter from the Office of International Programs (Cloud Hall 212) will be requested by Student Employment after a job offer letter is received.
    • Student workers are paid $18.07/hr, starting July 1, 2023, and can work a maximum of 15 hours per week.

    For Employers

    On-Campus Employers

    Please reference the SHEP Brochure for Employers for step-by-step instructions on how to post a position and hire a student worker. For other inquiries, please contact me directly via email or office phone.

    • Student-workers may not perform duties that may replace a Classified Employee.
    • The Student Employment Job Offer Form is intended for new hires in need of Form I-9 processing. The purpose of this form is to verify the offer of employment. Please provide him/ her a job offer letter upon offer of employment. Thank you for your cooperation to avoid delays in hiring.

    Off-Campus Employers

    Please visit the Career Development Counseling Department.

    Career Development Counseling