Steps to Become a CCSF Student
City College is fast becoming the first choice to start higher education, take classes to advance careers and/or explore personal interests and hobbies. No matter the goal, we are excited to have you join our vibrant community.
CCCApply ID.me Verification
Starting February 2, 2024, CCCApply will be integrating identity verification through ID.me. ID.me will help protect student identities and prevent fraudulent students from taking seats in classes at CCSF. This is an optional feature for students.
Benefits to Students:
- Protects student identities.
- Streamlines student enrollment and financial aid disbursements.
- Helps prevent bad actors from stealing seats online.
The following students will not be able to use ID.me:
- No valid identity documentation from country of origin
- No permanent address (housing insecure/homeless)
- No internet access or a smartphone (incarcerated)
- Minors (under the age of 18)
For students who cannot use ID.me, click on “Verify Later” to skip the ID.me verification process.
Student who need to verify their ID and are unable to use ID.me, please contact the Admissions & Records Office, Registration Center, or the Noncredit Admissions Office either in-person during office hours or remotely on our Virtual Help Counters via Zoom with the camera function on. To view our service hours, please visit www.ccsf.edu/admissions-recordsregistration.
Acceptable Documents for Identity Verification:
For us to verify your identity, you must provide two documents:
- One Photo Identification - For example: State identification (ID) card, Driver license, Permanent Resident Card, Passport, or Employment Authorization Document
- One Identity Document - Employment record (e.g. paystub), address verification (Any bill or financial statement showing your name and residence address), Official birth certificate (with official translation, if any), or letter from a homeless shelter or government agency within the U.S. attesting that the applicant resides in California.
ID.me is the quickest and safest option to verify your identity, so we highly encourage all students to use this expedited process.
For assistance with ID.me, please contact the CCCApply Help Desk at https://openccc-support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us.