Help Pay for College with a CCSF Scholarship
City College of San Francisco offers a variety of scholarships to help you pay for the costs of attending college. Scholarships are awarded to students based on various special qualifications, such as academic achievement, artistic abilities, demonstrated leadership, and athletic talents, or to students who are in particular fields of study, who are from a particular heritage, who are members of underrepresented groups, or who demonstrate a financial need.
Scholarships are provided to City College of San Francisco students by the generosity of foundations, corporations, and individual donors.
News and Announcements
Full-Time Incentive Grant Now Available
John D. Andersen Memorial Scholarship Now Available
College Support Scholarship Now Available
Spring 2021 Scholarship Applications Now Available
The application for the Spring 2021 Full-Time Incentive Grant is now available. The eligibility criteria is as follows:
- Enroll in and maintain 12+ units at CCSF
- Actively participate in a CCSF Retention/Transfer Program or Student Support Center
- Be a CA Resident or AB 540 Eligible Students
- Submit a 2020-21 FAFSA or 2020-21 CA Dream Act
- CCSF FAFSA School Code is 012874 and CCSF CA Dream Act School Code is 00450200
- Financial aid eligibility is not required to qualify, but for students receiving financial aid, this grant will be coordinated with the financial aid package
- Complete an Education Plan with a counselor
- Education Plan must be current and on file with the retention/transfer program or student support center selected on application
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- No minimum GPA required if first-time student at CCSF
Please note, limited funds are available, and funds may only be spent on educational and/or basic living expenses. You can submit your application online on your ScholarshipUniverse account. The application deadline is Friday, January 29, 2021.
The application for the Spring 2021 John D. Andersen Memorial Scholarship is now available. The eligibility criteria is as follows:
$300 scholarship awarded to 7 students each semester
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit units, 10 hours per week non-credit units, or equivalent combination
- Have been determined to be disabled under Title V guidelines by the CCSF Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS)
- Have financial need
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0, satisfactory completion of non-credit instruction, or equivalent combination
You can submit your application online on your ScholarshipUniverse account. The application deadline is Friday, March 5, 2021.
The application for the Spring 2021 College Support Scholarship is now available. The eligibility criteria is as follows:
$1,000 award for books, supplies, transportation, childcare, and other college-related necessities to be paid over two semesters at $500 each semester for students who continue to meet eligibility requirements
- Completed 6 units at CCSF
- Maintain a minimum of 9 credit units
- Enrolled in a College Support class each semester the award is given
- Check Course Listing with your counselor
- Currently participating in ONE of the following programs:
- African American Scholastic Program
- Asian Pacific American Student Success
- Continuing Student Counseling
- Guardian Scholars Program
- Latino Services Network
- New Student Counseling
- Minimum a term and cumulative GPA of 2.0
In order to renew eligibility for scholarship, a student must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Attend two appointments with a program counselor during the semester when scholarship funds are awarded
- Have a current electronic Education Plan by a counselor in the semester funds are awarded
- Participate in at least one academic enrichment session designated by your counselor each semester
You can submit your application online on your ScholarshipUniverse account. A personal statement and a CCSF unofficial transcript must be included with application. The application deadline is Friday, March 5, 2021.
For Spring 2021, General Scholarship Applications, Select Scholarship Applications and some Departmental Scholarship Applications are now available. You can submit the applications online on your ScholarshipUniverse. Some Departmental Scholarship Applications are also be available via downloadable PDF or another means. Please contact the department associated with the scholarship for application information.
RaiseMe-Earn transfer micro-scholarships starting today!
On RaiseMe, you can connect directly with four-year colleges while enrolled in community college to see what academic achievements will help you stay on track to complete your associate's degree and efficiently and successfully transfer to complete your bachelor’s degrees.
As you progress through community college coursework, you receive incremental “micro-scholarships” from colleges for those achievements, which you log in a free online portfolio. The micro-scholarship dollars translate into merit-based financial aid awarded directly to you by an institution once you apply and are accepted.
RaiseMe is free to community college students! Get started today at www.raise.me/transfers.