Study at CCSF to Earn a Degree and/or Transfer
Are your goals to earn a college certificate, college degree, or transfer to a 4-year college or university? Then the Academic Program is right for you.
Who is Eligible for CCSF Credit Programs
To determine if you qualify for the Academic Program, please answer the following questions:
Do you have a minimum:
- TOEFL score of 56 (IBT-internet based)?
- TOEFL score of 483 (ITP-paper-based)?
- IELTS score of 5.5?
- or Duolingo score of 85?
If your answer is YES to any of the above questions, then you qualify to apply for the Academic Program.
If your answer is NO TO ALL the above questions, you may apply for Conditional Admission, which means that you will begin in the Intensive English Program (IEP) to improve your English skills first.
Deadlines to Apply
To be considered for admissions as an international student to City College of San Francisco Academic Program, applicants must complete the required documents in full and submitted to the International Student Office by the deadline dates of:
- June 1st
- July 1st for Transfer Students
- November 1st
- December 1st for Transfer Students
The fee schedule below is payable by International Students at the time of registration (12 units/credits are mandatory, and 18 units/credits maximum per semester; fees are subject to change without notice):
- International Student Tuition Fee: $307 per unit x 12 = $3,684
- Regular Enrollment Tuition Fee: $46 per unit x 12 = $552
- Capital Outlay Fee: $7 per unit x 12 = $84
- Health Service Fee: $20 per semester = $20
- Total Estimate Tuition and Fees per Semester (12 units): $3,684 + $552 + $84 + $20 = $4,340
- Mandatory Health Insurance Fee (in addition to the fees listed above): $1,110 for 6-month coverage
Academic counseling is available to assist students with academic planning and course selection. CCSF is noted for its Student Counseling which provides personalized options and opportunities customized to its students. There are over 75 fields of study in both certificate and degree programs at City College of San Francisco. CCSF specializes in providing the first two years of the baccalaureate (four-year) degree and excels at allowing our students to transfer to top-quality public and private universities.