Sex-Based Discrimination, including Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, (“Title IX”), 20 U.S.C. Sections 1681 et seq., and its implementing regulations, 34 C.F.R. Part 106, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs or activities operated by recipients of Federal financial assistance. Sexual harassment of students, which includes acts of sexual violence, is a form of sex-based discrimination prohibited by Title IX.
The San Francisco Community College District is committed to creating and maintaining a community free of all forms of unlawful discrimination, including sex-based discrimination (which includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.) The District has adopted detailed policies and regulations addressing unlawful discrimination, including sex-based discrimination (which includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.) The District has appointed a specific individual as the Title IX Coordinator, who is responsible for overall coordination of compliance with Title IX, including receiving complaints and conducting investigations. The Title IX Coordinator also works with other individuals who act as “Deputy Coordinators” that play important roles in District compliance with Title IX. Administrative Unit Outcomes: promote awareness of diversity, prevent/remediate discrimination, harassment and sexual misconduct.
Any person may report sex discrimination, including sexual harassment (whether or not the person reporting is the person alleged to be the victim of conduct that could constitute sex discrimination or sexual harassment), in person, by mail, by telephone, or by electronic mail, using the contact information listed for the Title IX Coordinator, or by any other means that results in the Title IX Coordinator receiving the person’s verbal or written report. Such a report may be made at any time (including during non-business hours) by using the telephone number or electronic mail address, or by mail to the office address, listed for the Title IX Coordinator.
- Title IX Coordinators and the New Title IX Grievance Process
- Sample Notice of Allegations for Student Respondent From CCD Title IX Coordinator
- Sample Notice of Allegations for Student Complainant From CCD Title IX Coordinator
College Board Policies and Administrative Procedures
- Board Policy 2.30 Unlawful Discrimination
- Administrative Procedure 2.30 Unlawful Discrimination
- Board Policy 2.31 Harassment
- Administrative Procedure 2.31 Harassment
- Board Policy 2.32 Sexual Assault and Other Assaults
- Administrative Procedure 2.32 Sexual Assault and Other Assaults
Additional Resources and Support
- Project Survive
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- San Francisco Women Against Rape (SFWAR) Rape 24- Hour Crisis Hotline
- Rape Trauma Services Crisis Line
- Woman Inc Hotline