City College of San Francisco receives Adult Education Block Grant funding from the State of California through its membership in the San Francisco Adult Education Consortium.
The Consortium’s goals are to improve adult education programs and services in San Francisco by: integrating existing programs and creating seamless transitions into post-secondary education or the workforce; accelerating students’ progress toward academic or career goals; and developing capacity to deliver high quality instruction and student services.
More information about the San Francisco Adult Education Consortium can be found on our website.
Key AEBG initiatives at CCSF include:
- Professional Development for ESL, Transitional Studies, DSPS, and
noncredit CE faculty.
- Know Your Rights/ESL lesson plans and materials.
- Improving alignment with community partners to strengthen referral networks and leverage existing support services
- Upgrading noncredit classrooms with new instructional technology
- Marketing adult education classes and programs to the community at large
Working with San Francisco Unified School District to smooth transitions from high school to college for adult education populations.