CCSF is currently operating on a remote basis and buildings are not accessible at this time. During this time, Student Affairs are modifying services to be able to continue to support you remotely. For college wide updates, please read COVID-19 Updates and Plans to Return to Campus. Visit the CCSF Virtual Campus to find information about our remote services.

Visit the CCSF Virtual Campus

Support for CCSF Veterans

The Veterans Services Department at City College of San Francisco (CCSF) is located on the main Ocean Campus in Cloud Hall (rooms 333 & 332) and is comprised of: the Veterans Educational Transition Services (VETS) Office and the Veterans Resource Center (VRC). The VETS Office includes Veterans Academic Counseling and Certifying of VA GI Bill®* (educational/ vocational benefits), the SF VA Student Veteran Health Program and the Veteran Resource Center & Lounge.


V.E.T.S Office Virtual Help Counter (VHC) HOURS update

Starting Monday, November 23, 2020 we will have Veterans Academic Drop-In Counseling. Please use the Zoom link hyperlink below to be directed to our VHC. You can also use the meeting ID. 

  • Monday - Thursday

    • 0900 - 1200 & 1300 - 1600
  • Zoom Meeting ID: 990 5319 6123


Services We Offer

At the Veterans Services Department, veterans can:

  • receive general information about using veterans educational benefits at CCSF
  • meet with a Veteran Academic Counselor for education and career planning assistance (required if using VA educational or vocational benefits)
  • speak with a Certifying Official (who processes VA educational/vocational benefits)
  • enroll in VA health care
  • find out about local VA medical, mental health & other CCSF & community resources
  • schedule SFVA medical, mental health and some other specialty appointments
  • speak with a VA social worker from our SFVA Student Veteran Health Program
    • Contact numbers: 415-200-6933 & 415-254-6842
  • receive information or referrals to programs such as Disabled Students Programs & Services (DSPS) at CCSF (for testing or other class accommodations for veterans with disabilities)
  • an opportunity to participate in the VA Work-Study program
  • hear from guest speakers during at from the community and campus resources
  • speak with other CCSF student veterans
  • study, eat or hang out in the VRC / Veteran's Lounge

*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

Tips & Reminders
Complete the New Student Checklist
Early completion of the New Student Enrollment Process will help ensure a more timely payment of VA educational benefits.
Priority Registration
Veterans are listed under the 1st Priority Group - Priority Registration is generally available to Veterans about 2 - 4 months prior to the first day of school. Contact the VETS Office to confirm your priority registration status at 415-239-3486.
Qualifications for Veterans out of state waiver
Important: Out of State Fees
If you enroll at CCSF within 3 years of your discharge date by the first day of the semester and maintain continuous enrollment, you might be eligible for the out-of-state fee waiver at CCSF. For any further questions regarding out-of-state fee waiver, please contact the Veterans Services at 415-239-3486 or the Residency Department at 415-239-3287.

Note: VA benefits does NOT pay out of state fees.
Important: In person housing allowance Qualification.
Must be register to a minimum of one in person/remote/residence/hybrid course.
Class must be described in class schedule/catalog originally in person to qualify.
If you register for ALL class/course originally define online, you will be getting the online rate of $894.50 per month.
Courses originally define Hybrid are accepted for in person.
What is Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)?
Satisfactory Academic Progress standards are broken down into two standards: Qualitative and Quantitative. The Qualitative Standard is a Grade Point Average (GPA) requirement, while the Quantitative Standards are a Completion Rate requirement and a Maximum Time Frame (MTF) requirement.

GPA: Maintain a Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or Higher
- Once grades post at the end of the semester, the overall GPA is used calculated. A, B, C, D, and F grades will be used in the calculation. P/NP (Pass/No Pass) grades and transferred coursework will not be used in the calculation.
Completion Rate: Complete 67% of All Attempted Units
- A, B, C, D, F, W, FW (Fail to Withdraw), P, NP, I (Incomplete), RD (Report Delayed), or MW (Military Withdrawal) grades will be used to calculate completion rate. Transfer coursework officially submitted and evaluated by Admission and Records will also be included in the calculation.
- Formula: Total Units Earned ÷ All Units Attempted = Unit Completion Rate

For more information on SAP follow the link below