Support and Resources for CCSF Student Veterans, Your families, and the Community

Welcome to the City College of San Francisco Veterans Resource Center (VRC), we are located on the main Ocean Campus in Cloud Hall room 332 (next door to the VETS Office)



Our VRC serves as a student space on campus for Veterans, dependents, active duty or reserve service members, and all students to build a meaningful community while committing to a common goal, excel, and succeed in the Higher Education arena.


By providing a space for student group(s) to meet, a quiet study space, a computer lab with 10 desktop computers (access to the internet and Wi-Fi) microwave & refrigerator, a snack bar, and lots of COFFEE we contribute to CCSF student veterans journey of academic success. In our VRC you will meet our staff and VA Work-Study student veterans who help answer any question and can direct you to on or off-campus resources quickly.


We aspire to be the foundational starting point our student Veterans use as they grow and become professional learners. 

Student Fees Explanation

This fees will not be paid by the VA. They are Voluntary

Student Activity Fee = $7

Student Representative Fee = $2

Voluntary Student Activity Fee is $7.00 Voluntary Student Representative Fee = $2.00

Page 18 of school Catalog 2021-2022

How to login to your CCSF Gmail account and reset your password

How to get your COE/Statement of Benefits for Post 9/11 GI Bill®


CCSF Important Dates

Semester Calendars & Priority Registration Groups/Date

  • Summer 2023 Priority Registration date is April 10, 2023.
  • Fall 2023 Priority Registration date is May 1, 2023. 
    • Veterans fall under priority group 1.
    • To view your specific registration appointment date and time, please log in to your myRAM portal. You are encouraged to register on your priority registration day and time to ensure you get the best possible course options available. You may make changes to your schedule anytime on or after their appointment date and time.
  • Important Dates | CCSF

Veterans will receive Priority Registration once they have finished these four (4) steps: 

  1. Submit DD-214
  2. Completed the Assessment "self" placement (THIS IS NOT A PLACEMENT TEST) 
  3. New Student Veteran Online Orientation 
  4. Meet with a Veterans Academic Counselor (VAC) to develop Student Education Plan 

This resource list is a living and evolving document. We will review the resource list every semester to assure it is as up to date as possible. Please feel free to send us an email with any updates you notice as you review the list.

CCSF Veterans Services Resource Guide

Mission of the VETS Office
The mission of the CCSF Veterans Educational Services (VETS) Office is to serve veteran students with the highest level of support and dedication in order to enhance the successful transition from military life into a chosen field or career through education.

Q1: How do I apply for my Veteran Educational Benefits?
Apply on-line at, or Please download a copy of your completed application and bring it to Cloud 333 along with your DD214 and other needed documents to start a file at the CCSF Veterans Education Transitional Services (VETS) Office.

Q2: Where can I file a claim for service connected or other VA benefits?

Q3: Where do I Apply online for admission to CCSF?

Q4: What documentation do I need to provide to apply for my Veteran Educational Benefits?
All recipients who have completed courses at other post-secondary institutions MUST submit official transcripts from those schools. All Air Force veterans will need to also bring in an official copy of their transcript from the Community College of the Air Force.

Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill®
Application form 1990 and a copy of your DD 214 (member 4 copy) that indicates an honorable discharge and a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility (or copy of completed application until your COE arrives).

Chapter 33, Post 9/11 GI Bill®
Students are required to bring in a Member 4 copy of their DD 214, indicating an honorable discharge and their Certificate of Eligibility (COE) (or copy of completed application until the COE arrives).

Chapter 35, Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA)
Spouses need to submit a copy of their marriage certificate. Dependent children need to provide a copy of their birth certificate and a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility with the full VA File Number as issued to the student from the VA.

Chapter 1606 Selected Reserve
Students are required to bring in a “Notice of Basic Eligibility” (NOBE) that can be obtained from their Reserve or National Guard unit. They must be signed up for a six-year commitment and a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility.

Q5: Do veterans receive priority registration?
YES! Veterans receive priority registration. You do not have to be using VA education benefits, but veterans do NEED to submit a copy of their DD-214 and complete the matriculation process: 1) Complete Assessment, 2) Complete the New Student Veteran Online Orientation, 3) Meet with a Veterans Academic Counselor, in order to receive this priority registration for veterans.

Q6: How long does it take for an application to be processed by the VA?
Once an application for educational benefits is sent to the Department of Veterans Affairs Processing Center it usually takes four to six weeks before the certificate of eligibility is sent to the student. The certificate of eligibility needs to be brought into the CCSF VETS Office as soon as it is received by the student.

Q7: How long does it take for an application to be processed by the School Certifying Official?
Generally speaking, for new students and returning students it can take between four and five weeks. It is best practice if returning students submit their “green sheet” as soon as the veterans receive their priority registration date.

Q8: Are ALL City College courses certifiable for educational benefits?
No! Before a student can receive payment for the educational benefit, they must meet with the CCSF Academic Counselor who specializes in VA education benefits and establish an educational plan based on their educational goal (such as transfer to a university, associate degree or certificate program). Only courses required for these programs are certifiable for VA educational benefits. This process will be explained in detail during your counseling meeting.

Q9: How long does it take to get payment for educational benefits from the Department of Veteran Affairs?
After all of the admissions and application steps have been completed as mentioned above and you have requested certification, the VA can take between six and eight weeks to process a payment. (Depending on the time of year, processing time may vary).

Q10: Do I need to request for certification every semester?
YES! Students are responsible for requesting certification EACH semester VA education benefits plan on being used, this does not happen automatically.

Q11: Will I receive recertification if I fall below a 2.0 GPA?
The VA requires that veterans or depends using VA education benefits to maintain a 2.0 GPA or higher. Generally speaking, if a student veteran falls below a 2.0 GPA at CCSF they will have a HOLD on their account and not able to register for the following semester and are REQUIRED to sign a document with their Veterans Academic Counselor, referred to as a “GPA Letter” in order to be recertified for the following academic semester.