Meet With a CCSF Veteran Academic Counselor
If you are planning to use your GI Bill® / VA Educational Benefits at City College of San Francisco, you are required to meet with a CCSF Veterans Academic Counselor.
If you are a new student, complete step 1-7 before scheduling a counseling appointment (step 8). If you are a continuing student, you can go to step 8:
- Apply for VA Benefit
- Apply to CCSF
- Complete the New Student Veteran Orientation (Online). (Please screenshot the Certificate of Completion for your own record.)
- Submit the student veteran Intake Form.
- Submit documents: DD214, Certificate of Eligibility (COE), Unofficial* and JST Transcripts (if applicable). Click Here to upload.
- Complete the Online Assessment Form to get Math and English Placement. This is not an actual test. You will self-report your highest level of Math and English completed in high school or college/university.
- Declare major that you will be studying at CCSF in your RAM Portal before seeing a counselor.
- Schedule an appointment with a counselor on Zoom, on the phone, or in person. Please check for counselors’ availability at 415-239-3486 or Virtual Help Counter. There will only be drop-ins (no appointments) for the first two weeks and last two weeks of school.
- Register for Classes (Class Schedule, Registration Guide - PDF, Video)
- Submit Certification Request Form (EVERY Semester)
** Post-9/11 GI Bill® students attending IHL facilities who receive Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) and/or kicker payments are required to verify enrollment at the end of each month