Hey there City Vets, do you need to find out why you were not paid? Did you call the VA GI Bill support number and hear that the VA did not receive certification request? Your VETS Office has a way for student Veterans can check the status of their Certification Request Form and Change of Enrollment Form by following this link: Certification Status Check LINK

  • Click on the, "My Forms" drop down tab at the top right, Then, from there click on the option, "Pending/Draft Forms". From there you will see: the form name, status, description, date, PDF, HTML and an Action's drop down tab.

  • If you have any pending or returned forms, you can use this, "Action's" tab to resubmit a form if it was returned to you by an SCO.

Reasons why a Certification Request Form can be returned to a student:

  • One or more classes that a student registered for IS NOT on their education plan

  • Student IS NOT meeting SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress) standards, essentially they have below a 2.0 cumulative GPA and are do not have a completion rate of 67% of all attempted units

  • For Veterans on VR&E, we do not have an updated PO 


** Fall 2022 Semester start date is August 17th 2022 **

VA GI Bill® News for Summer & Fall 2022

Notice: On June 1, 2022 , COVID-19 legislation that permits students to receive their Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) at the resident (in-person) rate, while taking courses converted to online training due to COVID-19 will end. This means students using VA Education Benefits will need to take 1 In-Person class that is 3 or more units to get Housing Allowance, otherwise students in all "online" classes will receive the "online" housing rate which is 1/2 of the national average. 

Report Vaccination Status

City College is implementing a COVID safety campaign for in-person classes and services. Students will need to submit proof of vaccination, or request an exemption from this requirement, before registering for in-person classes. No proof is needed for online or remote classes. You can read more about this requirement and how to submit proof of vaccination or request exemption here:

COVID-19 Updates

What our VETS Office needs from you to get started...

All CCSF Student Veterans need to complete the Veterans Services Intake Form once (1 time) to create a digital  file with the VETS Office. This is used to hold your documents for processing. Below you will see what documentation we need according to the benefit being used: 

Acronyms Breakdown: (COE = Certificate of Eligibility, PO = Purchase Order, NOBE = Notice of Basic Eligibility)

  • Ch. 30 Montgomery GI Bill®: Intake Form, DD-214 Copy Member-4, COE
  • Ch. 31 Veterans Readiness and Employment (VR&E): Intake Form, DD-214 Copy Member-4, your VE&E Case Manager will provide a Purchase Order to our School Certifying Officials AND to the CCSF Follett Bookstore, you do not need to submit the PO to us.
  • Ch. 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill®: Intake Form, DD-214 Copy Member-4, COE
  • Ch. 35 Dependents Educational Assistance (DEA): Intake Form, Disabled/deceased Veterans DD-214, COE
  • Ch. 1606 Montgomery GI Bill® for Selective Reserves: Intake Form, DD-2384 Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE), Find out how to obtain your NOBE

CCSF VETS Office Forms

Please remember to submit a Certification Request Form each semester, and submit the Change in Enrollment Form ONLY if you add or drop a class after you have already been certified for the semester.

Fill out the Intake Form Now... Summer 22' Certification Request Form Fall 22' Certification Request Form
Welcome to CCSF please complete the Intake Form (Only complete once) Summer 22' Certification Request Form (Complete every semester after registering for courses)  Fall 22' Certification Request Form (Complete every semester after registering for courses) 
Summer 22' Change of Enrollment Form Veterans Academic Counseling Fall 22' Change of Enrollment Form
Summer 22' Change of Enrollment Form

In-Person Counseling in Cloud Hall 333

Remote Counseling also available

Fall 22' Change of Enrollment Form

Checklist Steps for VA Certification as a Student Veteran

Checklist Steps for VA Certification as a Student Veteran

Apply for your Post 9/11 GI Bill

If you have not yet applied for your Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33) this can be done on the VA's  website. Click on the blue GI Bill® Icon below and follow the instructions in the green drop-down box. 

Click Here

After completing, the VA will send your COE to your home address, this process can take 30-days. You will need to email this document to the VETS Office (veterans@ccsf.edu).

You can also send the VETS Office a PDF copy of your Post 9/11 GI Bill Statement of Benefits, found on your va.gov profile under Education and Training.

If you have any Transcripts from another college, your Joint Service Transcripts (JST) email those unofficial PDFs to our office.



Apply to City College of San Francisco

(*Required for NEW and Returning Students who left CCSF for 1 academic year) 

New students can complete and submit the Credit Admissions Application CCSF online application here. You will receive your student ID and student email information via a Welcome email confirmation after you submit your application.

  • This message will be sent to the email address you provided when you applied for admission. If you do not receive an email confirmation with your student identification number from CCSF with 72 hours, please contact the main Admissions office: admit@ccsf.edu or 415-452-5101.

  • Once you have been assigned a CCSF Identification number and RAM ID (provided in your Welcome Email), you will need to log into myRAM Portal in order to enroll for classes and view other important information.

  • Before you can register for classes, you must complete the entire enrollment steps.  

  • If you have questions about your application, contact our Admissions and Records Office at 415-452-5101 or admit@ccsf.edu.

CCSF offers a variety of Federal and State financial aid programs; including grants, fee waivers, work-study, scholarships, and loans.

Intake Form

New Student Veteran Online Orientation (click on hyperlinks to access forms)

All new students to City College are required to participate in a New Student Veteran Orientation. The orientation introduces you to essential programs, services and information to better prepare you before your first semester.

At the end, you will receive a certificate of completion. Required for Priority Registration

Request a Domestic Transcript Evaluation (click on hyperlinks to access forms)

Student who want to use units from another college to complete an AA/AS degree within CCSF, need to submit all their official transcript. 

If you attended any Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) before attending City College of San Francisco, you must submit your official transcripts within your first two semesters. 

Complete the Transcript Evaluation Request (Domestic):

Math and English Placement (click on hyperlinks to access forms)

City no longer offers English and Math test. Instead, you may use one of the following ways to get your Math and English Placement

You may receive transfer-level English and Math course placements based on high school transcript data. Please submit a High School Data Form. For more information, please visit our AB 705 webpage.

Students who feel they need additional language acquisition support may want to take the Credit ESL Placement Test.

Submit the Online Assessment Form (click this hyperlink) to get a Course Placement Report emailed to your CCSF student email.

If you have completed previous college-level English and/or math coursework or have taken certain tests (AP, SAT, ACT, etc.), please submit a Prerequisite Waiver Form. City College has established prerequisites and corequisites to ensure that students have the skill level necessary to succeed in a course.

If you wish to challenge a course that is not MATH or ENGLISH please submit the Prerequisite Wavier Form.

Meet with a Veterans Academic Counselor (Required for Priority Registration) (click on hyperlinks to access forms)

To meet with a counselor that specializes in VA Education Benefits new and continuing student veterans can use our VETS Office eSARS Appointment system. The VETS Office has dedicated counselors to assist with developing a comprehensive Degree Plan also known as an Education Plan. Due to the large Veterans population at CCSF counseling availability is limited and subject to change without prior notification. 

  • During the months of January and August we have drop is sessions only. 
  • Summer 2022 Counseling will be available on site at in our VETS Office, and we have a remote option

click on link: VETS Counseling Scheduling 

Any CCSF student using VA Education Benefits (Veterans, Reservist, or Dependents) can see a Veterans Academic Counselor to change or update their major, adjust classes, have transcripts reviewed, be seen for a petition to graduate, and more. 

Veterans will also need to see a Academic Counselor to complete a GPA Letter if their cumulative GPA falls below the Standard Academic Progress (SAP) threshold of 2.0

Register for Classes (click on hyperlinks to access forms)

**City College is implementing a COVID safety campaign for in-person classes and services. Students will need to submit proof of vaccination, or request an exemption from this requirement, before registering for in-person classes. No proof is needed for online or remote classes. You can read more about this requirement and how to submit proof of vaccination or request exemption here:

COVID-19 Updates

How to Register

You will be assigned a registration date and time, veterans who have submitted their DD-214 and completed the orientation, their Math & English course placement, and have meet with a veterans academic counselor will get Priority Registration (veterans are listed under priority group 1). 

On or after that date and time, you can add classes for the upcoming semester in your myRam portal

Prior to registering, you can also use the myRAM Schedule Planner to create schedule that aligns with both your academic and non-academic life. Please refer to the Registration Page for instructions on Registration using the myRAM Portal.

Add/Drop Procedure

After the semester begins, you can continue to add or drop classes using our Add/Drop Procedure. To learn more about the Add/Drop Procedure use the link below:

Step number 6 will provide information on what to do if you add/drop classes after you have been certified by our VETS Office for your VA Education Benefits.

*Waitlisted Classes are not counted toward your certification until you are officially added to the course.

Submit Certification Request Form EACH SEMESTER you want to use VA Education Benefits after you have registered for your classes. (*Required each semester) (click on hyperlinks to access forms)

VA policy requires that ALL students using VA Education Benefits request for certification each semester they want to use their benefits. Use the link below to access the

Certification Request Form:

Once your certification is sent to the VA by our School Certifying Officials (SCOs) for final processing, you will receive an email (to your CCSF student email) from "VA Once", outlining your residence and distance hours (units)

If you ADD or DROP any classes after your are certified, the VA requires students to inform the School Certifying Officials you must complete the

Change of Enrollment Form

Stay updated by self enrolling into our Veterans Services Canvas account

We post announcements weekly via our Canvas!!


Veterans Educational Transition Services (V.E.T.S) Office

Ocean Campus
Cloud Hall 333 & 332

Phone: 415-239-3486
Email: veterans@ccsf.edu

Monday - Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.

VETS & VRC Open for in-person services on

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday

Starting June 7th 2022

*We are remote on Fridays

San Francisco VA Student Veteran Health Program (SVHP)

Need assistance enrolling in VA Health Care? We encourage you to contact Bridget Leach and Kathleen Mink, our two SF VA Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW) who are housed out of our VETS Office. This SF VA and CCSF VETS Office collaboration was established in 2010. 

Cloud Hall #333

Hours Available:
Monday - Friday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (COVID-19  hours)

Bridget Leach, LCSW:
Phone: 415-200-6933

Kathleen Mink, LCSW:  
Phone: 415-254-6842

Tips & Reminders
Student Fees
Student Fees Explained
Voluntary(Please visit Admissions Virtual Counter for waiver)
This fees will not be pay by the VA.

Student Activity Fee = $7

Student Representative Fee = $2

Voluntary Student Activity Fee = $7.00

Voluntary Student Representative Fee= $2.00

Page 18 of school Catalog 2021-2022
Priority Registration 2022
Summer 22' = April 11th and Fall 22' = May 4th
Veterans are listed under the 1st Priority Group - Priority Registration is generally available to Veterans about 2 - 4 months prior to the first day of school. Contact the VETS Office to confirm your priority registration status.

Students (including Veterans) can lose their priority registration if:
(Excerpt from Title 5 § 58108. Registration and Enrollment Procedures.)

(1) is placed on academic or progress probation or any combination thereof as defined in section 55031 for two consecutive terms; or
(2) has earned one hundred (100) or more degree-applicable semester or quarter equivalent units at the district.
Steps for Certification & Transcript Information
Early completion of the steps for certification will help ensure a more timely payment of VA educational benefits. You will find the Checklist for student veterans at the link below.

Transcript Information:
Due to the shelter-in-place order, transcripts should be sent electronically if at all possible. When sending transcripts, select City College of San Francisco. If an email address is required, students should use admit@ccsf.edu

Student Veterans MUST submit their official transcripts by the end of their 1st semester here at CCSF.

If mailing transcripts are the only option, students should use the following address:
Office of Admission & Records
City College of San Francisco
50 Frida Kahlo Way, MUB 180
San Francisco, CA 94112
VA Education Benefits UPDATE on Remote/Lecture/In-Person/Residence VS Online Courses for Veteran Purposes Explained
No more full BAH for taking all remote classes due to COVID-19
On June 1, 2022, COVID-19 legislation that permits students to receive their Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) at the resident (in-person) rate, while taking courses converted to online training due to COVID-19 will END.

You can register for courses listed as Online, however to get the full BAH rate you need AT LEAST 1 course or 3 units that is listed as LECTURE, IN-PERSON OR RESIDENCE on your schedule per semester.

If you register for Online classes only you will receive the online BAH rate.
Out of State Students
At this time, out of state students who do not physically live in California are not permitted to take fully online or online courses with required on-site meetings at City College of San Francisco.

Federal regulation requires institutions offering distance education to acquire authorization from any U.S. state in which it “operates.” City College does not have the required permission for students from other states to take courses at City College. This permission is required to maintain eligibility for students of that state to receive federal financial aid.

Until further notice, City College is not filing for authorization to operate in other states. We recommend that out of state students seeking community college courses look for classes offered from an institution in their own state.
Satisfactory Academic Progress
(SAP) Standards
What is Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)?
Satisfactory Academic Progress standards are broken down into two standards: Qualitative and Quantitative. The Qualitative Standard is a Grade Point Average (GPA) requirement, while the Quantitative Standards are a Completion Rate requirement and a Maximum Time Frame (MTF) requirement.

GPA: Maintain a Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or Higher
- Once grades post at the end of the semester, the overall GPA is used calculated. A, B, C, D, and F grades will be used in the calculation. P/NP (Pass/No Pass) grades and transferred coursework will not be used in the calculation.
Completion Rate: Complete 67% of All Attempted Units
- A, B, C, D, F, W, FW (Fail to Withdraw), P, NP, I (Incomplete), RD (Report Delayed), or MW (Military Withdrawal) grades will be used to calculate completion rate. Transfer coursework officially submitted and evaluated by Admission and Records will also be included in the calculation.
- Formula: Total Units Earned ÷ All Units Attempted = Unit Completion Rate

For more information on SAP follow the link below
Military Withdrawal
If you have been Certified for the semester and receive military orders, please contact the Admissions and Records Office (A&R). You will need to Request a Military Withdrawal (MW). You will need to email your request to A&R.
Contact Credit Admissions:

Admission and Records Office
Ocean Campus, MUB 188

Admissions Virtual Help Counter hours:
Monday - Friday
10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Parent School
Students are required to complete a majority of their coursework at CCSF in order for the institution to approve certification as a Parent School. Listed below are the minimum number of units that must be taken at CCSF for each term. Summer term - register for 3 or more units;
Fall/Spring term- register for 9 or more units.
“Primary School (Parent School) – The primary school is the school that will grant the degree a student is pursuing.
Generally, the student will be enrolled at the primary school for the majority of the program of education.” Per the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs: School Certifying Official Handbook page 128.
Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS) (Remote services only at this time due to COVID-19)
To get started, email the DSPS Office via: dspsacom@ccsf.edu to schedule an appointment. Please include your CCSF Student ID number and the best phone number to be reached at. 

Please complete the Application For DSPS Services Form and Student Disability Verification (SDV) Form before seeing a DSPS counselor. Documentation or verification of disability is required to be eligible for DSPS accommodations. NOTE: Accommodations are determined on a case by case basis (i.e. Extra test time on timed exams, alternate media, etc.) 

If you have a VA Service Connected Disability, please be prepared to have your Award letter ready to present to a DSPS counselor, which can support your request for accommodations until the SDV form is submitted. 

To find a DSPS Counselor who can assist veterans please contact:

dspsacom@ccsf.edu (PREFERED)