Welcome All Veterans!
The Veterans Center at City College of San Francisco (CCSF) is located in Cloud 333 & 332 and is comprised of: the Veterans Educational Transition Services (VETS) Office (including Veterans Academic Counseling and Certifying of VA GI Bill®* educational/ vocational benefits), the SF VA Student Veteran Health Program and the Veteran Resource Center & Lounge.
At the Veterans Center on CCSF's main campus in Cloud Hall veterans can:
- receive general information about using veterans educational benefits at CCSF
- meet with a Veteran Academic Counselor for education and career planning assistance (required if using VA educational or vocational benefits)
- speak with a Certifying Official (who processes VA educational/vocational benefits)
- enroll in VA health care
- find out about local VA medical, mental health & other CCSF & community resources
- schedule SFVA medical, mental health and some other specialty appointments
- speak with a VA social worker from our SFVA Student Veteran Health Program
- receive information or referrals to programs such as DSPS at CCSF (for testing or other class accommodations for veterans with disabilities)
- speak with other CCSF student veterans
- study, eat or hang out in the VRC / Veteran's Lounge
*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about educational benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
FALL SEMESTER 2019
Instruction Begins Monday August 19, 2019
Priority Registration is generally available to veterans ~2-4 months prior to the first day of school.
Contact the VETS Office to confirm your priority registration status at (415) 239-3486.
Early completion of the New Student Matriculation Process (see column on the right for details) will help ensure a more timely payment of VA educational benefits.
Veterans Educational Transition Services (VETS) Offices
50 Frida Kahlo | Cloud Hall, Room 333 | San Francisco, CA 94112
Phone: (415) 239-3486 | Fax: (415) 239-3490
Monday to Thursday: 8:30AM-5:00PM
Please Note: Veteran's Counseling hours are subject to change without prior notice.
Call (415) 239-3486 for availability.
Quick Note about out of state tuition:
- If you enroll within 3 years of your discharge date you should be eligible for in-state tuition at CCSF
For any further questions regarding in-state tuition, please contact the VETS Office at (415) 239-3486. The Residency Department is reachable at (415) 239-3287.
The Walter S. Newman Veterans Resource Center
The Resource Center, which is located in Cloud Hall 332 (next door to the VETS and SFVA Offices), serves as a veteran student lounge equipped with computers and television among other things which can be used as a study space or simply an area for down time for on campus veterans.
San Francisco VA
Student Veteran Health Program
(Open to All CCSF Veterans)
ENROLL IN VA HEALTH CARE
TAKE A PHOTO FOR YOUR VA ID CARD
MONTHLY SPEAKERS IN THE FALL AND SPRING SEMESTERS ON VARIOUS VETERAN-SPECIFIC TOPICS
REFERRALS TO VA MEDICAL, MENTAL HEALTH AND COMMUNITY SERVICES
ASSISTANCE NAVIGATING VA SYSTEMS
CLOUD HALL 333
Call (415) 452-5253 or (415) 452-5151
Watch a segment about CCSF's Veterans Center*
*Please note that some aspects of this video could be triggering, particularly for combat veterans.