Veteran Services at
City College of San Francisco
Welcome All Veterans!
To further limit the potential of COVID-19 spreading within our local community, City College of San Francisco temporarily suspended face to face student services and instruction effective Friday March 13. Starting March 30, Student Services will continue offering remote services and you can continue to receive resources from our department websites and COVID-19 Corona Virus Response FAQs.
We are working hard to get back to the high volume of emails and phone calls. Please allow us 24 to 48 hours to replay. Thank you.
Please note that the VA has reported that there should be no disruptions in payments for Veterans whose VA GI Bill®* and Voc Rehab benefits were previously processed/certified for the Spring 2020 semester.
For more information or ask questions regarding VA Education Benefits or VR&E VocRehab please contact:
- VA GI Bill®* Hotline: (888) 442-4551
- For VR&E/Vocational Rehabilitation: Please contact your assigned Case Manager via e-mail.
- Alternatively if you are unsure of the status of your Voc Rehab/VR&E benefits *as long as they remain open* you can contact the general VR&E offices:
- Oakland VR&E: (510) 637-6128
- Sacramento VR&E: (916) 364-6700
- Fresno VR&E: will be up again soon
- *GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about educational benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill .
The LINKs below provide importaint information from CCSF and the VA:
Spring 2020 Emergency Grading Options
In light of the COVID-19 emergency and in accordance with national trends, CCSF is opening additional grading options to you this semester. Our hope is that despite the current campus closures and sudden move to remote instruction, the adjusted grading options for Spring 2020 will offer some flexibility and ease as you finish the semester. You may now choose between a letter grade and Pass/No Pass for any of your current classes (or, if not completing the class, you may elect "Excused Withdrawal").
This guide is intended to provide as much information as possible to enable you to make the choice that is best for you. It is vital that you are aware that the grading options you choose for this semester may affect your academic plans, financial aid and/or scholarship eligibility, Veteran’s benefits, International student status, and/or certificate and degree completion.
For Spring 2020, you will have until May 20th to choose a P/NP grade option for any of your credit courses. Login to your myRAM or go directly to http://www.ccsf.edu/passnopass and login to select the courses you'd like to take P/NP.
If you have any further questions or concerns or want to talk through what your best options are, you can reach a counselor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Academic Counseling. Counselors can work with you by phone, email, and Zoom video conference.
Important Information & Tips:
VETS Office Virtual Help Counter
Veterans Resource Center "Virtual" drop in hours will be availabe for student veterans who have questions regarding the new "green" sheet, general questions, work study, Summer and Fall 2020 semester Education Benefits or VR&E questions.
Priority Registration Information
Veterans fall under the 1st Priority Group for Registration Priority Groups
Priority Registration (for Veterans) for the Summer and Fall 2020 semester begins:
- Summer 2020: Web Registration begins
- Fall 2020: Web Registration begins
- Priority Registration is available to veterans generally ~2-4 months prior to the first day of each new semester. For summer the priority registration date is generally 2-3 weeks prior to summer start date.
- You will receive an email to your CCSF email informing you of your priority registration date. If there are complications with receiving this email, please contact the VETS Office to confirm your priority registration status at (415) 239-3486.
- For students who plan on using VA Education Benefits OR Vocational Rehabilitation for Summer 2020 & Fall 2020 classes, it is best if you come into the VETS Office on the Fall 2020 priority registration date to complete paperwork for BOTH semesters at once.
- IF you are planning on ONLY using VA Education Benefits OR Vocational Rehabilitation for Fall 2020 feel free to contact the VETS Office on the Fall 2020 registration date by Email or Phone call.
Veteran's Counseling hours are subject to change without prior notice. Call: (415) 239-3486 for availability. Thank you!
Early completion of the New Student Matriculation Process (see column on the right for details) will help ensure a more timely payment of VA educational benefits.
Out of state tuition:
- If you enroll within 3 years of your discharge date you should be eligible for in-state tuition at CCSF
For any further questions regarding in-state tuition, please contact the VETS Office at (415) 239-3486. The Residency Department is reachable at (415) 239-3287.
A friendly message from the SF VA Student Veteran Health Program
Enroll in VA health care!
Find out about services through the San Francisco VA Health Care System!
Contact our SFVA Student Veteran Health Program for more information:
Bridget Leach, LCSW (415) 200-6933
*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about educational benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.