Purpose of the Domestic Transcript Evaluation
If you have completed college courses at another school, you can request a transcript evaluation to determine if the classes will be accepted by CCSF. A domestic transcript evaluation is used to:
- Determine how many transfer units CCSF will accept from your other institutions
- Determine whether classes completed at CCSF and other institutions fulfill general education areas for an Associate in Art (AA) or Associate in Science (AS) degree
The transcript evaluation does not determine English/Math placement or prerequisites, major and transfer requirements. Students should schedule an appointment with a counselor so that they can review your transcripts and complete an educational plan.
Requesting a Domestic Transcript Evaluation
College transcripts are not automatically evaluated for acceptance of transfer credits. Students must request an evaluation from the Office of the Admission & Records. Transcript evaluations will be processed provided the following requirements are met:
- A student must currently be enrolled in classes or have completed at least one CCSF course.
- All official transcripts from each school attended must be turned into the Office of Admissions and Records.
- Official transcripts can be sent directly to CCSF from the school or submitted by a student in a sealed envelope.
- Transcripts emailed by students are considered unofficial and will not be accepted by the Office of Admissions and Records
- Complete the online domestic transcript evaluation form.
After submitting a request, the evaluation will take approximately 2-4 weeks to process and will be emailed to the email address listed on the evaluation form.