ORDERING OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS DURING SHELTER-IN-PLACE
Our offices are currently closed, and we will have limited access to any mailed in transcripts sent by schools. Students should meet with a counselor to go over their educational plan and see whether CCSF needs official transcripts.
Students can do the following if official transcripts must be sent to CCSF:
1. Students should order their transcript to be sent to CCSF electronically whenever possible. Most schools use an online ordering system to send electronic transcripts (i.e. Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, Credentials etc.) When ordering, students can choose City College of San Francisco. If an email is necessary, make sure to enter firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. When electronic transcripts are unavailable and schools only send paper copies through the mail, students should reach out to their Registrar or Admissions Office to see if their school can send PDF versions through email to CCSF at email@example.com.
3. If a paper copy is the only option, students may send these transcripts to our office; however, receiving and processing times will take longer.
****Students using transcripts for English/Math placement or prerequisites can visit the Assessment Center webpage to fill out the online form. In this case, unofficial transcripts can be used.
Purpose of the Domestic Transcript Evaluation
If you have completed college courses at another school, you can request a transcript evaluation to determine if the classes will be accepted by CCSF. A domestic transcript evaluation is used to:
- Determine how many transfer units CCSF will accept from your other institutions
- Determine whether classes completed at CCSF and other institutions fulfill general education areas for an Associate in Art (AA) or Associate in Science (AS) degree
The transcript evaluation does not determine English/Math placement or prerequisites, major and transfer requirements. Students should schedule an appointment with a counselor so that they can review your transcripts and complete an educational plan.
Requesting a Domestic Transcript Evaluation
College transcripts are not automatically evaluated for acceptance of transfer credits. Students must request an evaluation from the Office of the Admission & Records. Transcript evaluations will be processed provided the following requirements are met:
- A student must currently be enrolled in classes or have completed at least one CCSF course.
- All official transcripts from each school attended must be turned into the Office of Admissions and Records.
- Official transcripts can be sent directly to CCSF from the school or submitted by a student in a sealed envelope.
- Transcripts emailed by students are considered unofficial and will not be accepted by the Office of Admissions and Records
- Complete the online domestic transcript evaluation form.
After submitting a request, the evaluation will take approximately 2-4 weeks to process and will be emailed to the email address listed on the evaluation form.