City College of San Francisco offers both credit and noncredit certificated programs of study. Students who have fulfilled the certificate program course requirements as stated in the CCSF college catalog may petition to receive their certificate.
Petition for a Credit Certificate
General Information for all Credit Certificates:
To earn a credit certificate from CCSF, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Coursework: Complete all required courses as listed in the college catalog.
- Residency requirement: Students must successfully complete at CCSF at least 20% of the units required to earn the certificate.
- Grade requirement: Students must pass all letter-graded certificate-applicable courses with a C or better and all P/NP certificate-applicable courses with a P.
Important Dates to Request Your Credit Certificate
Credit Certificate Petition For Spring 2023:
- Submission Date: January 17, 2023
- Deadline Date:
March 24, 2023(Extended to May 24, 2023)
- Final approval: End of August 2023
- Certificates Mailed: End of September 2023
Credit Certificate Petition For Summer 2023:
- Submission Date: June 1, 2023
- Deadline Date: July 31, 2023
- Final approval: End of October 2023
- Certificates Mailed: End of November 2023
Credit Certificate Petition For Fall 2023:
- Submission Date: August 16, 2023
- Deadline Date:
October 26, 2023Extended to December 1, 2023
- Final approval: End of March 2024
- Certificates Mailed: End of April 2024
Petition for a Noncredit Certificate
- Complete a “Petition For Noncredit Certificate” form for each certificate.
- Make an appointment with a counselor to go through the certificate requirements.
- If there is any course substitution request, a Petition For Course Substitution/Equivalency form must be submitted with Department Chairperson/Designee approval.
- If there is any course waiver request, a Petition For Waiver Of Certification Requirement(s) form must be submitted with Department Chairperson/Designee approval.
Please allow 3 months to receive your certificate(s) after submission.
For questions about your Noncredit Certificate, contact:
Noncredit Admissions & Records
50 Frida Kahlo Way, MUB 160