City College of San Francisco offers both credit and noncredit certificated programs of study. Students who have fulfilled the certificate program course requirements as stated in the CCSF college catalog may petition to receive their certificate.
Petition for a Credit Certificate
General Information for all Credit Certificates:
To earn a credit certificate from CCSF, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Coursework: Complete all required courses as listed in the college catalog.
- Residency requirement: Students must successfully complete at CCSF at least 20% of the units required to earn the certificate.
- Grade requirement: Students must pass all letter-graded certificate-applicable courses with a C or better and all P/NP certificate-applicable courses with a P.
Important Dates to Request Your Credit Certificate
Credit Certificate Petition For Summer 2021:
- Submission Date: June 7, 2021
- Deadline Date: August 1, 2021
- Final approval: Middle of September 2021 (certificates posted on transcript)
- Certificates Mailed: Middle of October 2021
Credit Certificate Petition For Fall 2021:
- Submission Date: August 16, 2021
- Deadline Date: October 28, 2021
- Final approval: End of February 2022 (certificates posted on transcript)
- Certificates Mailed: End of April 2022
Credit Certificate Petition For Spring 2022:
- Submission Date: January 3, 2022
- Deadline Date: May 16, 2022
- Final approval: End of July 2022 (certificates posted on transcript)
- Certificates Mailed: End of August 2022
Petition for a Noncredit Certificate
- Complete a “Petition For Noncredit Certificate” form for each certificate.
- Log in to your myRAM Portal to print out an unofficial transcript.
- Make an appointment with a counselor.
- If there is any course substitution request, a Petition For Course Substitution/Equivalency form must be submitted with Department Chairperson/Designee approval.
- If there is any course waiver request, a Petition For Waiver Of Certification Requirement(s) form must be submitted with Department Chairperson/Designee approval.
- Bring the unofficial transcript, the certificate chart, and all necessary documents to meet with a counselor to go through the certificate requirements.
For questions about receiving your Noncredit Certificate, contact:
Noncredit Admissions & Records
50 Frida Kahlo Way, MUB 160