Free City Debt Program (FCDP) FAQ's
1. Who is covered under the Free City Debt Program (FCDP)?
A. Free City students who currently have outstanding Free City debts that were incurred between the Fall 2017 to the Fall 2022 terms. This includes students who would have been eligible for Free City but either did not have a Free City Affidavit on file or may have filled one out incorrectly.
2. The Free City Program was not available during the 2018 summer term. Will those outstanding balances be covered under FCDP?
A. Yes. Only students with established San Francisco Residency prior to the start of the Summer 2018 are eligible.
3. What fee's will be covered under FCDP?
A. FCDP will cover the Free City outstanding tuition balance as well as the following fees:
- Student health fee,
- Student activities fee,
- Student Representative fee,
- Web Registration fee,
- Course Material fees,
- Follet Material fee, and
- the Free City Repayment Charge
NOTE: The FCDP does NOT cover other Financial Aid related fees such as Pell overpayment and the student loan fee.
4. Do students who already made a payment get a refund?
A. NO. Payments made prior to the availability of the Free City Debt Program funds are not refundable. Please note that funds approved to pay outstanding balances for the terms between Fall 2017 and Fall 2022, is a one-time opportunity for eligible City College students.
5. When will the outstanding balance hold be lifted?
A. Outstanding balance holds will be automatically lifted once the funds have been applied to student accounts. Eligible students do not need to do anything in order for the funds to be applied to their account and will be notified once this process has occurred. Should students have questions they may contact the Bursar's Office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. When will FCDP funds be applied to student accounts?
A. Funds have already begun to be applied to student accounts and will continue to be applied over the coming weeks in reverse chronological order (for example, students with outstanding balances from the Fall 2022 semester will have the funds applied to their accounts first, followed by the Summer 2022 term and so on until all accounts have had the funds applied). Once the funds are applied, a notification will go out to students on a weekly basis via email and/or text message.
7. Who can I contact if I have any questions regarding the Free City Debt Program?
A. Please contact the Bursar's Office at email@example.com. For their office hours and other contact information, please visit the Bursar's Office page.