The California Promise Grant, formerly Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW), waives the enrollment fees and tuition for eligible California residents attending California Community College. The CCPG Fee Waiver will waive your per-unit enrollment fee for the entire academic year if you apply and qualify. 

Eligibility for the CCPG

You may be eligible for the California College Promise Grant if you answer YES to the following:

  1. Do you have a Bachelor's, Masters or Graduate Degree?
  2. Do you live independently away from your parents and are between the age of 18-23?

CCPG Qualifications

There are three ways a student may qualify for the CCPG. Qualifications are verified through the FAFSA, CA Dream Act, or CCPG Application.

  1. A student is currently a recipient of funds from Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or General Assistance/General Relief (GA/GR), or if the student is a dependent, such funds are the sole source of income for the family. Verifiable documentation is required.
  2. Household size and annual family income. The application may ask students to provide documentation of income, such as a copy of their Federal Income Tax Return; students are required to provide documentation, if requested.
  3. A student has applied for other state and/or federal aid and has demonstrated $1,104 or more of financial need by completing the FAFSA or California Dream Act Application. We highly recommend all students to submit a FAFSA or California Dream Act Application, as this the most likely way to qualify for the CCPG.

If you are eligible for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG) tuition waiver AND a San Francisco resident, you may also be eligible to receive the Free City Stipend.

How to Apply for CCPG

  1. Apply for CCPG at any point during the academic year.
  2. You must reapply for a CCPG each year, beginning with the Fall term.
  3. If you are eligible for a CCPG, it will be valid for the entire academic year.
  4. Apply by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Dream Act Application.
  5. Complete a CCPG Application Form.