New Borrowers are students who have never previously received a Federal Direct Loan either at CCSF or at any other institution.
2022-23 Direct Loan Requests are now available. When moving forward with submitting a Direct Loan Request, take the time to carefully review all steps in order to avoid delays. Additionally, when submitting a Direct Loan Request, evaluate your needs to borrow only what is essential as loans are borrowed funds you must pay back with interest!
Once a Direct Loan Request and all requested loan documents are received, the processing time is approximately 4-6 weeks. Furthermore, after CCSF releases your loan funds, you have 30 days to a request a cancellation of your loan.
To apply for a Federal Direct Loan as a New Borrower, you must complete the following eligibility requirements to qualify:
- Complete and submit the 2023-24 FAFSA
- Complete the Repaying Student Loan Module on WhichWay. If you are a new user to WhichWay, click Register Now and sign up using your CCSF Gmail or access code 1581.
- View the Workshops & Events Calendar to save the date and attend a CCSF First Time Loan Borrower Workshop
- After attending the CCSF First Time Loan Borrower Workshop, attendees will be able to access the Direct Loan Request form link through their myRAM under Financial Aid Requirements.
- Complete an online Loan Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN) for Undergraduate Students.
- Submit an Educational Plan from a CCSF Counselor. For information on setting up an appointment with your counselor, please click this link. Educational plan must be comprehensive and on track according to courses enrolled.
- Submit the Direct Loan Request Form with the following documentation attached:
- Current Driver’s License or State ID (unexpired)
- Confirmation page of Loan Entrance Counseling completion
- Confirmation of Master Promissory Note (MPN) completion