Continuing borrowers are students who have borrowed Federal Direct Loans from CCSF or any other institution.
2020-21 Direct Loan Requests are now available. When moving forward with submitting a Direct Loan Request, take the time to carefully review all steps in order to avoid delays. Additionally, when submitting a Direct Loan Request, evaluate your needs to borrow only what is essential as loans are borrowed funds you must pay back with interest!
Once a Direct Loan Request and all requested loan documents are received, the processing time is approximately 4-6 weeks. Furthermore, after CCSF releases your loan funds, you have 30 days to a request a cancellation of your loan.
To apply for a Federal Direct Loan as a Continuing Borrower, you must complete the following eligibility requirements to qualify:
- Complete and submit the 2020-21 FAFSA
- Complete an Online Loan Repayment Module
- Upon completion of the Online Loan Repayment Module, contact the financial aid office for the Direct Loan Request Form
- Complete an online Loan Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN) for Undergraduate Students
- Submit a Direct Loan Request Form with the following documentation attached:
- Current Driver’s License or State ID (unexpired)
- Conformation page of Loan Entrance Counseling completion
- Conformation of Master Promissory Note (MPN) completion
- Copy of your past loan activity from the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)