Continuing borrowers are students who have borrowed Federal Direct Loans from CCSF or any other institution.
2021-22 Direct Loan Requests are now available. When moving forward with submitting a Direct Loan Request, take the time to carefully review all steps in order to avoid delays. Additionally, when submitting a Direct Loan Request, evaluate your needs to borrow only what is essential as loans are borrowed funds you must pay back with interest!
Once a Direct Loan Request and all requested loan documents are received, the processing time is approximately 4-6 weeks. Furthermore, after CCSF releases your loan funds, you have 30 days to a request a cancellation of your loan.
To apply for a Federal Direct Loan as a Continuing Borrower, you must complete the following eligibility requirements to qualify:
- Complete and submit the 2021-22 FAFSA
- Complete the Repaying Student Loan Module on WhichWay. If you are a new user to WhichWay, click Register Now and sign up using your CCSF Gmail or access code 1581.
- Upon completion of the Repaying Student Loan Module, email the financial aid office at email@example.com to have the Direct Loan Request form link added to the Financial Aid Requirements section of your myRAM.
- Complete an online Loan Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN) for Undergraduate Students
- Submit a Direct Loan Request Form with the following documentation attached:
- Current Driver’s License or State ID (unexpired)
- Confirmation page of Loan Entrance Counseling completion
- Confirmation of Master Promissory Note (MPN) completion
- Copy of your past loan activity from the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)