Requesting Alternate Formats
Get a Booklist
It is the student's responsibility to make a request for alternate
formats. The request should be submitted as early as possible before
the start of semester. If the request is not submitted well before the
semester begins, students may wait several weeks to receive
If you add or drop classes, please inform the Alternate Media Specialist immediately.
Before you request alternate formats for textbooks you should familiarize yourself with the textbooks that you will be using for your class.
You can check the CCSF Bookstore online catalog by going to
- Click Book.
- Enter the 5-digit CRN number in the Course ID field.
- Click Search.
- Click Select Another Course to continue adding books
to your list.
- Print or copy your book list and have
it ready when you request your alternate formats.
For help with looking up your textbooks, please go to the Accessible Computer Labs on the Ocean Campus or John Adams Center when school is in session or schedule an appointment with a DSPS counselor during the inter-session.
The campus bookstore can also help you compile a list of books.
Submit Your Request
Once you know what books you'll be using, the next step is to submit a request to the Alternate Media Office. You can do this in one of two ways.
- Call the alternate media specialist at 415-452-5333.
- Send an email to the alternate media specialist: email@example.com. In your email be sure to include as much information as you can about what classes you are taking and book information for the books you need in alternate format.