Cal Maritime's Fall Open House - Preview Day 2021
Saturday, October 23rd, 2021
An in-person premier event for prospective students!
Students can attend presentations about majors, campus tours that will take you into the labs, simulators and on board the Training Ship Golden Bear*, interact with campus community members and clubs, and take a tour of our 1st year residence hall.
Columbia University of General Studies
Monday, October 25, 2021
11 AM - 12 PM (Pacific Daylight Time)
Learn more about the Columbia University School of General Studies (GS) at a special upcoming Virtual Admissions Presentation on Monday, 10/25/2021.
GS is the undergraduate college at Columbia University in the City of New York created specifically for returning and nontraditional students. The only Ivy League college of its kind, GS was founded in 1947 in large part to meet the needs of thousands of military personnel returning from World War II and has since expanded to empower students from a variety of backgrounds to earn their undergraduate degrees at a rigorous, traditional university. As a GS student, you will take the same classes, with the same faculty, and earn the same degree as all other undergraduate students at Columbia.
For those who may not be eligible to apply to Columbia GS but are interested in a more traditional transfer process to Columbia, the presentation will also cover general information relevant to all transfer students, including academics and majors, Columbia’s core curriculum, transfer credit, student life, and more.
Columbia University School of General Studies Virtual Admissions Presentation for CCSF Students
Monday, October 25 from 11 a.m. -12 p.m. PDT
The Transfer Opportunity Program (TOP) Workshops for students applying for UC Fall 2022 admissions:
UC Davis is hosting a TOP Thursday workshop “PIQ Roundtable” where students can get help from other peers/staff/volunteers. You do not have to be interested in UC Davis to take advantage of this session since all of the UC campuses use 1 application.
Register on TOP THURSDAY landing page link https://ua.ucdavis.edu/portal/TOPworkshops. All TOP Thursday workshops are practical and applicable to all students interested in the UC system, regardless if you apply to UCD. The workshops are always from 5PM – 6PM.
- October 21 – PIQ roundtable
- November 4 – Money talks: how to finance your education
- November 18 – Ask me anything: UC app/PIQ
- December 2 – End of Fall Next Steps: Transfer Application Update
UC Berkeley Virtual Transfer Events Fall 2021
- Students will learn about the admission process for transfer applicants, explore the academic programs, engage with the student community, and more--Virtually!
- Check events schedule and register
College of Environmental Design Student Information Sessions
- college-sponsored, student-led organization designed to share information on CED's academic programs and offerings with prospective transfer students!
- Check events schedule and register
College of Engineering Webinars for Prospective Transfer Students
- Topics including the secrets to transfer admissions, faculty talk, transfer student panel, and finding research opportunities as a community college student
- Check events schedule and register
UC Berkeley - Envision Haas Outreach Program for Prospective California Community College Students.
Now entering the fourth year, the Haas Undergraduate Program in collaboration with the Haas Business School Association (HBSA) is proud to share their Fall 2021 Envision Haas schedule.
Envision Haas is an admissions outreach program that aims to provide admissions information to our growing number of California Community College transfer applicants. Each Envision Haas session includes an admissions info session and transfer student led panel. All Envision Haas sessions will be conducted virtually via Zoom for the Fall 2021 semester.
This Fall semester, there will be conducting two sessions per month. Interested students can sign-up via the Zoom registration links posted on the Outreach & Admission Events website linked above.
UC Berkeley - Starting Point Mentorship Program (SPMP)
The Starting Point Mentorship Program (SPMP) at UC Berkeley connects community college students with current Berkeley transfer students of similar majors, backgrounds, and/or community colleges. Mentors provide informational support in navigating the application process to UC Berkeley, along with imparting insight about the transfer student experience at UC Berkeley.
For more detailed info visit their site: https://transfers.berkeley.edu/startingpoint/
SPMP has been a UC Berkeley program that supports transfer students for over 19 years. In recent years, 1 in 3 mentees were admitted to UC Berkeley.
Spring mentee requirements:
- Students must be currently enrolled in a California community college in the Fall 2021 semester
- Students must have a minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA
- Students must be applying to UC Berkeley during the current application cycle (November 2021)
Benefits for mentees including but not limited to:
- Advice and mentorship from a current Berkeley transfer student
- Opportunities to meet with admissions officers during the application period
- Workshops covering an array of topics from admissions to student life
- A chance to create community at UC Berkeley and better understand the student experience
- SPMP is a recognized enrichment program that can be noted on the UC application
Program open to all current California Community College Students
UC Santa Cruz Fall Virtual Events
Transfer Information Sessions
Learn about UCSC transfer admissions policies and procedures by participating in one of the sessions listed below:
- Transfer Information Session
Friday, October 15 at 3:00 PM
- Transfer Information Sessions
Friday, November 19 at 3:00 PM
Drop In Advising
Every other Friday @ 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time, an Admissions Advisor and a current student will be available to answer your questions about the application process, requirements, deadlines.
Consult the calendar for available dates and links to registration.
UC Santa Cruz Transfer for International Students Virtual Workshops
- Scholarships for international students
- Popular majors and major preparation
- Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG)
- Tips on the UC application
- Employment and internship opportunities
All prospective transfer students to UCSC are welcome to attend any one of the sessions:
UCSF School of Medicine
Virtual Pre-medical Workshop
Tuesday, October 26th, 2021, 4 PM - 5 PM
- Developing a competitive application
- Understanding the application process
- Information about the UCSF School of Medicine Post Baccalaureate Program
For any questions, please contact: Gina.Merriwether@ucsf.edu
Virtual Preview Georgia Tech
October 18 - November 4, 2021
Sessions each week Monday - Thursday from 4-7 p.m. EDT
During the event, students will have the opportunity to:
- Attend admission, financial aid, and current student panels.
- Learn more about Tech's academic colleges and majors.
- Hear about available student activities and resources.
- Tune into transfer-specific sessions on the admission process, general advising, and campus resources.
San Jose State University
Engineering Virtual Open House
Friday, November 5 | 10 am - 2 pm
This event is especially intended for community college students and their families to learn about the engineering programs at SJSU.
Aerospace, Aviation, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Engineering Technology, Interdisciplinary, Materials, Mechanical, MESA Engineering and the Engineering Student Success Center.
Come and learn what it's like to attend the most transformative engineering school in Silicon Valley.
Register to attend: https://bit.ly/OPENHOUSE-F21