UC Campuses Open for Winter Quarter/Spring Semester
If your students want to attend a university nationally recognized for making an impact, social mobility of undergraduates, or affordability, they should consider transferring to UC Santa Cruz, UC Merced, or UC Riverside for Winter quarter/Spring semester.
Students should ensure their major is accepting transfer applicants for Winter quarter/Spring semester by visiting the Check majors page on the UC Admissions website.
UC Merced will also be open for First Year (freshman) applicants and all transfer levels, including lower-division transfers.
In addition, UC Merced and UC Riverside will also be accepting applications for the Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) for winter quarter/spring semester 2022. The TAG application filing period is May 1-31 for students interested in transferring mid-year.
San Francisco State
"Next Steps" Welcome Sessions for Newly Admitted Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to San Francisco State University!
Please sign up for the SF State's Next Steps Presentation.
You can learn more about the San Francisco State experience from current students, follow the steps below to start your SF State Journey!
Date: Wednesday, April 7
Time: 11am - 1pm
Date: Tuesday, April 13
Time: 1pm - 3pm
Date: Monday, April 26
Time: 3pm - 5pm
For Fall 2021 Newly Admitted Students
Events for admitted transfer students
Admitted students will have a range of options to engage with campuses this spring. Campuses are planning multiple virtual events throughout April and May. Events may include (but are not limited to) presentations on financial aid and scholarships, student organizations, support resources, and housing. The date ranges are provided below along with the link for more information on the events.
UC Berkeley: April 24 — 30; Every Tuesday in May
UC Davis: May 4 — 8
UC Irvine: April 5 — May 27
UCLA: May 10 — May 21
UC Merced: April 15 — May 27
UC Riverside: May 6 and 7
UC San Diego: May 15; Other activities throughout May
UC Santa Barbara: April 26 — 30 (3 p.m. - 7 p.m. daily)
UC Santa Cruz: April 5 — 30
Transfer admitted student resources
Some campuses have begun notifying transfer applicants of their admission status, while others plan to contact students later this month.
Resources for admitted transfer students:
- The Next Steps from Admission to Enrollment for Transfers has information on the SIR process, summer orientation, how to contact the campus for missing documents, and more!
- The Electronic Transcripts Vendors list specifies the accepted vendors for each UC campus.
- The Transfer Waitlist Fact Sheet provides information on waitlist processes and deadlines for each UC campus.
- For UC Berkeley admitted students, please see the Transfer FAQ document for helpful information.
Accepting a UC admission offer
Students can accept an admission offer by agreeing to the provisions/conditions outlined in the offer and submitting their Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) with the SIR deposit to reserve their space at a campus. The SIR deposit is $250. Some important things to keep in mind about accepting a UC admission offer:
- Students can accept only one admission offer from one UC campus.
- The SIR deposit is applied to the student's first enrollment term tuition.
- Students that qualified for the UC application fee waiver will have the SIR deposit deferred until financial aid is disbursed.
- The SIR deposit is nonrefundable and non-transferable.
- A Statement of Legal Residence (SLR) for tuition determination purposes may be required. See the Understanding Residency page for more information.