UC Berkeley - Starting Point Mentorship Program (SPMP)
The Starting Point Mentorship Program (SPMP) at UC Berkeley connects community college students with current Berkeley transfer students of similar majors, backgrounds, and/or community colleges. Mentors provide informational support in navigating the application process to UC Berkeley, along with imparting insight about the transfer student experience at UC Berkeley. Mentorship can be partaken remotely.
For more detailed information, visit their site: https://transfers.berkeley.edu/startingpoint/
SPMP has been a UC Berkeley program that supports transfer students for over 20 years. In recent years, 1 in 3 mentees were admitted to UC Berkeley.
Fall 2022 mentee requirements:
- Students must be applying to UC Berkeley by November 30, 2022 (current admission cycle)
- Students will need access to the UC application. You will be asked to upload a screenshot of your UC application (required)
- Students must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Students must agree to complete the mentee questionnaire and sign the mentee agreement
SPMP Mentee Application opens on Wednesday, August 10, 2022:
Program opens to all current California Community College Students
UC Los Angeles Upcoming Advising:
- Thursday, July 28, 2022
9am - 12pm
- Sign-up for an appointment: https://calendly.com/jromeroucla/ucla-virtual-appointment-15-minute-norcal
- Thursday, August 18, 2022
1pm - 4pm
- Sign-up for an appointment: https://calendly.com/jromeroucla/ucla-virtual-appointment-15-minute-norcal-2
Monthly Virtual Transfer Presentations:
RSVP at https://connect.admission.ucla.edu/portal/virtual_transferpresentations
UCLA Virtual Transfer Admission Presentations Summer 2022
Learn more about UCLA, the admission process for transfer students and ask questions during the webinars. The presentations are designed primarily for students attending a CA community college and each one-hour long session is hosted by a UCLA Undergraduate Admission representative.
To register for a virtual transfer admission presentation, please select your preferred date. Please note times are listed in Pacific Time.
- Friday, June 10 at 10:00 AM
- Friday, July 8 at 10:00 AM
- Friday, August 5 at 10:00 AM
- Friday, September 2 at 10:00 AM
UC Davis In-person Pre-Health Conference
Date: Saturday, October 15th, 2022
Everyone is welcome to join this event including post-bac, community college pre-health students, and faculty and staff seeking professional development.
This conference provides the information and skills necessary to succeed in the health-professions school admission process. It provides an unique opportunity for direct contact with deans of admission, admission officers, financial aid officers, faculty, and staff from a wide variety of health professional programs and other organizations.
Attendees have the opportunity to explore a variety of health professions, including allopathic, osteopathic, podiatric, naturopathic medicine, veterinary medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, nursing, optometry, physical and occupational therapy, physicians assistant, and more!
REGISTER now for early bird pricing.