The Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) Program offers students guaranteed admissions to one of six participating UCs:
To apply for a TAG, you must meet TAG eligibility requirements.
How to Apply for TAG
You can only apply to one TAG campus and one major.
- Use the UC Transfer Admission Planner to complete the TAG application. You may review it with your community college counselor and/or UC campus TAG adviser. Submit the TAG application from September 1 - 30.
- Fill out the application for admission to UC and submit from Nov. 1–30 for Fall admission.
- Fulfill all remaining coursework and GPA requirements in your TAG agreement.
Students applying for a UC Davis TAG may meet with a counselor or the UC Davis adviser to review their TAG.
TAG applicants to the other UCs do not need to meet with a counselor. However, these students are welcome to do so.
UCLA and UC Berkeley do not offer TAGs.
Students who participate in our Honors Program may be eligible to participate in the UCLA Transfer Alliance Program to enhance their chances of getting into UCLA. For further information, please visit City College’s Honors Program.
UC Berkeley has the TAP Program. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Yes, provided all TAG requirements are completed.
1. UC Santa Barbara - Yes for College of Letters & Science (L&S) majors that do not have a pre-major. No for L&S majors that have a pre-major; the pre-major is guaranteed, but further requirements must be met at UCSB after transfer in order to be accepted into the full major.
2. UC Santa Cruz - Yes for all screening majors. For the most current list of screening majors, please visit transfer admission guarantee.
YES! All students are welcome to apply through the regular admissions process in November.