Credit ESL Placement Tool
You will get automatic placement into transfer-level English. English Language Learners have the right to choose the English as a Second Language (ESL) credit pathway. If your first language is not English, you may benefit from CCSF's credit ESL classes. Our four core classes (ESL 182, ESL 184, ESL 186, ESL 188) provide language skills and cultural knowledge to be successful in college and society. The Credit ESL Placement Tool is the best way to find which class in the ESL program at CCSF that meets your needs.
ESL classes are recommended for students for:
- whose primary language is not English and who would like to improve their academic English as a Second Language (ESL) skills
- who usually speak, listen, read, and write in a language other than English at home and/or at work
- whose education was not in English or mostly not in English
- who prefer more English as a Second Language (ESL) to prepare for college-level classes
We recommend that you take the CCSF Credit ESL Placement Tool to learn about which Credit ESL level matches your needs.
Do you need help with the Credit ESL Level Placement Assessment? Our Proctoring Labs are open at the following locations:
|Ocean Campus||50 Frida Kahlo Way, SF CA 94112||Conlan Hall, in the basement, E5||Tuesday||1 pm to 4 pm|
|Mission Center||1125 Valencia Street, SF CA 94110||105||Wednesday||1 pm to 4 pm|
|Chinatown/Northbeach Center||808 Kearny Street, SF CA 94108||401||Thursday||1 pm to 4 pm|
|Downtown Center||88 4th Street, SF CA 94103||426||Thursday||1 pm to 4 pm|
Before arriving at the proctoring lab,
- Apply to CCSF, the examiner will greet you and check your valid ID along with your CCSF ID Number.
- No appointments are necessary.
- Mask is required, and we can only serve up to five students at a time.