Getting started with your Noncredit Placement Tool
What do you need?
- Apply to CCSF to get your student ID# starting with an @, W, or WA.
- Use the self-guided placement tool to find your noncredit ESL level.
How to use the Placement Tool
Provide the following information in the Noncredit Application Form:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- A complete California address
- Phone number
- Email address
Fill out the Noncredit Application Form
Once your application is processed, you will receive an email with your CCSF Student ID Number.
What is your ESL class level?
- Beginning Low (Literacy, Level 1, 2)
- Beginning High (Level 3, 4)
- Intermediate Low (Level 5, 6)
- Intermediate High (Level 7, 8)
- Advanced Low (Level 9)
- Academic English (3180)
Complete the Noncredit ESL Guided Self-Placement
An examiner will call you and test your English level. Answer the phone call! Check your email for instructions.