Credit ESL Placement Tests
We continue to offer ESL placement testing for students who feel they need additional language acquisition support. Placement test results are used for course placement purposes only. They are not used to prevent any student from attending CCSF. Counselors will use these results along with other information to help students decide on a program of courses.
Please note we no longer offer the Native English, and Math Placement Tests. For more information about the different options to be placed into English and Math Courses, please view our Math and English Placement information.
Credit English as a Second Language (ESL): Placement Test
Should you take the ESL test?
- Is English the first language you learned as a child?
- Did you complete most of your education in the English language?
- Do you usually speak English with your friends or co-workers?
If you answered "NO" to more than one of these questions, you should consider taking the ESL Placement Test. Even if you have been in the U.S. for several years, you will benefit from CCSF credit ESL courses, which are offered at many levels.
How to take the Credit ESL Placement Test
The college is closed because of COVID-19 right now, but you can still take a test to see which ESL level is best.
- Use our Online ESL Guided Placement Tool to determine which ESL level is best for you.
- If you have not submitted an admissions application, please visit the steps to becoming a CCSF student.
After you answer the questions on the ESL Guided Placement Tool, the Testing Office will contact you. If you have any questions, please contact the Testing Office at 415-239-3124 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.