How to Apply
The school code for City College of San Francisco is: 012874
3. AB540 eligible students who are not eligible for federal aid may apply for state aid by completing the California Dream Act application.
4. Approximately 72 hours after submitting the on-line FAFSA, you will receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) to the email you have provided on your FAFSA application. This email is from the Department of Education. Review your SAR carefully. The SAR summarizes the information you provided on the FAFSA and will inform you if your applicant is complete, estimated EFC, and if you are selected for verification.
5. Once CCSF, Financial Aid Office receives your FAFSA application into the college’s system, this can take 2 weeks after submitting your application to the Department of Education; you will receive an email sent to your CCSF GMAIL email address.
6. If you are selected for verification, go to your WEB4 student portal link. Log in to view what documentation is needed. Complete the verification process.
7. If you are NOT selected for verification you will not be required to submit any documentation to the Financial Aid Office. You may however have required documents on WEB4 to read and accept.
8. When all documents show “Satisfied” under all your required documentation your awards will be ready to view under the Award Tab. An Award letter will be emailed to your CCSF GMAIL email address.
9. Be prepared to pay upfront for textbooks, supplies, and other fees until your financial aid eligibility is finalized.
- How do I apply for Financial Aid?
- 7 Easy Steps to Applying for Financial Aid at CCSF
- What is the IRS Data Retrieval Process?
- 2018-2019 FAFSA Document Checklist
- 2019-2020 FAFSA Document Checklist
How to Update your FAFSA to Include CCSF's School Code
1. Go to fafsa.gov
2. Under “Returning User” click on “Log In”
3. Select “I am the Student” and Enter the credentials for your FSA ID, click Next
4. Select the option to “Make FAFSA Corrections
5. Go to the “School Selection” tab
6. Enter the Federal School Code 012874 and click search
7. Check the box next to City College of San Francisco in the search result list
8. Click Add, then Next
9. Select a housing plan from the drop down menu. CCSF does not offer on campus housing so select either “With Parents” and “Off Campus"
10. Click next, Save the changes and SUBMIT
11. Wait a week and follow up with the Financial Aid office to confirm if they received your FAFSA