Financial Aid Office
Welcome to the Financial Aid Office (MUB 270)
Paying for the cost of a college education requires a partnership among parents, students and the college. Each partner has responsibilities to fulfill in meeting that cost. The purpose of the Financial Aid Office at CCSF is to provide financial aid assistance and eligibility awareness to all current and prospective students as they pursue their educational goals. Financial aid is money that helps pay for the cost of education (college fees, books and supplies).
The CARES Act: Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund provides direct emergency grants to college students whose lives and education have been disrupted by the COVID19 crisis.
The Emergency Grant was awarded to students that met the following criteria (amounts awarded vary according to number of units currently enrolled):
- Enrolled at least ½ time
- Eligible to receive Financial Aid
- Completed a FAFSA and demonstrated an unmet need
- Met Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards
* Students enrolled in online classes only for Spring 2020 are not eligible
Awarding, disbursements and processing continue as scheduled during the temporary campus closure.
To further limit the potential of COVID-19 spreading within our local community, City College of San Francisco temporarily suspended face-to-face student services and instruction effective Friday, March 13.
Monday, March 30, student services will continue offering remote
services and you can continue to receive resources from our
department websites and COVID-19 Response FAQs.
For questions or to request assistance, please contact:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (415) 239-3577
Please be sure to include your CCSF Student ID number in your email or voicemail so that we can better assist you.
Financial aid documents are now available to submit online. Depending on the document type, you can either submit the document through your Campus Logic account or via Adobe Sign. You can access Adobe Sign forms on your myRAM Portal or on our Financial Aid Forms webpage.
For questions on special circumstance and professional judgement documents, please contact our financial aid office.
Direct Deposit form is now available Online
All Students are Strongly Encouraged to Sign Up for Direct Deposit
Check pickup has been temporarily suspended due to COVID 19 until further notice.
Once you set up Direct Deposit, your disbursements will automatically be deposited into your account. Direct Deposit allows you to receive your funds faster, not have to worry about potentially losing checks, and is more secure. There are no fees from CCSF for using Direct Deposit.
Signing up is easy, enroll today using our online Direct Deposit Action form
** Please note that you will need to upload a copy of your Photo ID and Verification of bank account and routing number (ie. a voided check) with your online Direct Deposit Action form.
- Please check out our Workshops and Events page for upcoming application workshops, next step workshops and loan workshops
- Students receiving direct deposit disbursements will now have their direct deposit advice notices emailed to their CCSF assigned Gmail account
- To check on the status of your financial aid file and see what documents are needed log in to your RAM Portal and use myRAM to view your Financial Aid information.
- Check out scholarship opportunities by logging into the myRAM Portal and opening ScholarshipUniverse.
- Learn more about the Free City Grant and how to apply for Free City
- Discover current news/events on our FATV in the Financial Aid Office
- File your 2019-2020 FAFSA or Dream Act Application. The Initial Steps for Student Access to Campus Logic provides a step by step guide on setting up your student account to use this required feature
- 2019-2020 FAFSA is available to complete online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- 2019-2020 Dream Act application is available to complete online at https://dream.csac.ca.gov/
- Deadline for 2019-2020 FAFSA is June 30, 2020
- File your 2020-2021 FAFSA or Dream Act Application. The Initial Steps for Student Access to Campus Logic provides a step by step guide on setting up your student account to use this required feature
- 2020-2021 FAFSA is now available to complete online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- 2020-2021 Dream Act application is now available to complete online at https://dream.csac.ca.gov/