Instructions for Submissions to the Curriculum Committee -- 2019-2020
1. Before Submitting a Proposal, review:
* Calendar - For submission deadlines and MUB 140 meetings (Deadlines may be adjusted based on the academic calendar.)
* Curriculum Handbook - This is your main guide to understanding and preparing curriculum
* Required Supplemental Program Documents (draft
manual) - Prepare supplementary documentation required for state
approval, to be submitted to the Curriculum Committee along with the
2. Use CurrIQunet to draft your proposal:
* CurrIQunet User Manual Support Page - For step-by-step instructions, screenshots, and video tutorials
* Create or Modify Course Outline or Addenda Task Guide and Create or Modify Major or Certificate Task Guide - Handout/cheat sheet for processing curriculum through CurricUNET
* Technical Review Avoiding Common
Errors (TRACE) checklists - USE these to guide you
through each outline section's requirements.
(See DEA Subcommittee for more information.)
* Hours and Units Calculations Quickguide - for checking hours and units
For questions on the software, request help through the
CurrIQunet Support Request form.
3. Launch your proposal in CurrIQunet:
4. Guide your proposal through the workflow:
You are not done yet! Your active
participation in ensuring that your proposal moves through the reviews
and approvals process in a timely manner is usually necessary.
Help move your proposal through by
checking the status in CurrIQunet, by carefully and thoroughly
responding to all communications about your proposal, and by bringing
it to the attention of those who need to sign off on it.
The Approvals and Worfklow section of the User Manual outlines the variety of steps that occur after a proposal is launched.
5. Timely completion of stipulations (after the Curriculum Committee meeting):
If your proposal is reviewed by the
Curriculum Committee during a meeting and stipulations (changes) are
Stipulations are available
in CurrIQunet after the meeting,
Changes must be made and resubmitted
within CurrIQunet within a short time period, see the
Proposals approved with stipulations
that are not resubmitted correctly in a timely manner may be moved
back to the department chair to start over again
Curriculum Co-Chair Drop-in Support in Cloud 325A: Mondays 8-10 (Dana Jae) and 1-3 (Craig)
For questions about the curriculum approval process, deadlines, and standards, contact the curriculum committee chair: email@example.com.
For questions on the software, request help through the CurrIQunet Support Request form.
Look to the
previous years' materials.