The School of Social Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, Ethnic Studies and Social Justice is committed to the delivery of a broad based curriculum reflective of the highest academic standards, which support and create pathways for students to fulfill their educational goals, preparing them for civic engagement and participation in a democratic society.
Each department in this School strives to continually improve the teaching and learning process, broaden student consciousness, and cultivate a personal understanding of the importance of education as it applies to their personal and professional lives.
The School of Social Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, Ethnic Studies, and Social Justice affirms its support and commitment for the College Mission/Vision Statement:
- Strengthening and improving academic courses and programs, to enhance student learning outcomes, and promote success for all students.
- Recognizing our students as individuals with equal access and rights to diverse educational opportunities which foster self-esteem, pride, cultural insights, and an appreciation of diversity.
- Providing excellent instructional and student service programs which prepare our students for success in the workplace as well as in the classroom.
- Creating an intellectually and culturally stimulating environment based on mutual respect wherein the free exchange of ideas is nurtured among students, faculty, and our community partners.
- Providing an environment where education is an empowering and enriching experience allowing students to acquire a body of knowledge and skills which stimulate the value and benefits of lifelong learning.