Join Our Free Noncredit ESL Classes:
- ESLN: General English classes in Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced levels (Literacy, Level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
- ESLF: Special classes in Conversation, Pronunciation, Speaking/Listening, Reading, Writing, and Computer Skills for ESL students
- ESLV: Classes to help ESL students learn workplace English
- ESLC: Citizenship classes to prepare for the naturalization test
- ESLA: Introduction to Academic English
New to CCSF?
Or, submit a Qualtrics Application to the Office of Noncredit Admissions and Records.
To complete the Noncredit Application, you will provide your full name, date of birth, complete California address, phone number, and email address.
Once your application is processed, you will receive an email with your CCSF Student ID Number.
Get Ready to Attend Class
Find Your ESL Level
Get Your RAM ID
Get MyCCSF App on Your Mobile Phone
Register for Classes
Attend In-person Classes
Attend Online Classes Using a Smartphone
Attend Online Classes Using a Computer
What is your ESL level?
- Beginning Low (Literacy, Level 1, 2)
- Beginning High (Level 3, 4)
- Intermediate Low (Level 5, 6)
- Intermediate High (Level 7, 8)
- Advanced Low (Level 9)
- Academic English (Level 5+)
|An examiner will call you and test your English level. Answer the phone call! Check your email for instructions.|
Types of Noncredit ESL Classes: ESLN, ESLF, ESLC, ESLV, ESLA
Check out the Noncredit ESL Class Schedules and join our noncredit classes anytime!
|Write down the course CRN numbers for the classes you want to register.|
You need to register for your RAM ID to log in to your Student Portal. Then, you will be able to register for classes, attend classes via Canvas and CityZoom, apply for a scholarship, and much more.
Get your RAM ID (English)
Get your RAM ID (Spanish)
Get your RAM ID (Mandarin)
Noncredit Help Zoom Schedule
|10:00am - 11:00am Spanish
11:00am - 12:00pm Chinese
1:00pm - 2:00pm English
Download the MyCCSF Mobile App to register for classes, upload your vaccination card, and connect with your teachers and students.
Masks are required. Everyone is expected to wear masks inside all campus buildings and shared spaces.
Vaccine or proof of exemption is required for in-person classes. Students can upload their vaccination or exemption information in the MyCCSF app.