The Credit ESL and Noncredit ESL placement tests are available for students who wish to determine an appropriate level in our programs. Students are advised to meet with a counselor to discuss the placement result and develop their educational plan.
Credit ESL Placement Tool
The Credit ESL Placement Test is for students whose native language is not English and who completed most of their education in other languages. This placement test is conducted online and has two parts:
- Use the Online ESL Guided Placement Tool to determine which ESL level is best for you.
- After that, the Assessment Center will contact you to help schedule an appointment for the ESL writing test.
Our ESL Credit Placement Testing Coordinator, Erin Lofthouse, can help you. Please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact the Assessment Center at 415-239-3124 or email@example.com.
Noncredit ESL Guided Self-Placement
Taking the Noncredit ESL Guided Self-Placement is simple. Complete the 3 parts of placement.
- Watch the videos in the different ESL levels. Choose the best video for your level of English.
- Reading the stories. Choose the best level for you.
- Review the recommended courses that you're interested in registering.
- Fill out your student information to proceed with registering for classes. If you need help, a staff member will call your phone number and give you further assistance.
You may contact the Assessment Center at 415-239-3124 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In-person assessment services are by appointment only.
Conlan Hall Room 204
50 Frida Kahlo Way
San Francisco, CA 94112
Mon-Thu: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.