Degree Works is a web-based education plan and degree audit system to guide students in their education journey. This tool helps students and counselors create an education plan and monitor students' progress toward program completion.
Degree Works is not a substitution for consultation with a counselor. It is important for students to still meet with a counselor for educational planning and career exploration.
CCSF launched Degree Works on July 1, 2022. Education plans created prior to July 1, 2022 will not be in Degree Works. If you need a new or updated ed plan, please schedule an appointment with a counselor.
Students can change their major by clicking on "Change Major" under "Links" via their Degree Works account. This link will lead students to their myRAM Student Portal to update their educational goal and major.
Please watch the how-to video: Change Your Major.
When you log in to Degree Works, click on the "Ed Plan" tab at the top. Then, scroll down and click on the blue description of the most recent ed plan. Your current and most recent ed plan reads "Yes" under the "Active" column.
Students can view their ed plan, but cannot edit it. If you try to edit it, an error message will appear. To make changes to your ed plan, please schedule an appointment with a counselor.
Please watch the how-to video: View Your Education Plan.
Once you access your ed plan, click on the printer icon on the top right corner. This will create a PDF version of the ed plan, which you can save or print.
No. You will continue to register through the Student Portal tab of myRAM Portal.
Format: Program, GE (if applicable), date (MM/DD/YYYY), counselor's name (First initial, last name)
- Anthropology AA-T (IGETC) 06/30/2022 ACOUNSELOR
- ECE Associate Teacher Certificate 07/01/2022 ACOUNSELOR
- Transfer to SFSU (Business Administration) 07/02/2022 ACOUNSELOR
Student data are updated at 3am every morning.
Students can change their major by clicking on "Change Major" under "Links" via their own student Degree Works account. This link will lead students to their myRAM Student Portal to update their educational goal and major. Or, students can go to RAM ID and click on Declare/Change Major Form under the "Student Portal" tab.
Click on the data refresh button at the top of the Dashboard. Only use the data refresh button when a student just updated their major on myRAM, and you need to immediately see the updated audit or the “Still Needed” course list under the ed plan.
CAUTION: Every time you click on this data refresh button, it will slow down the Banner system for all college users. Please do not click on the data refresh button unless necessary.
Yes, counselors have the ability to change a student's major:
- Once you have obtained the student's verbal approval to change their major, click on "Change Major" in the "LINKS" tab in Degree Works (note: this first takes you to the form to change your own major).
- Then, navigate to the "Counselor Menu" and click on the "Counselor Change of Major" tile. Enter the student ID number and click "Submit".
- You will see your name and the name of the student whose major you are updating. Fill out the form as appropriate and click "Submit".
- Go back to Degree Works and click on the refresh button. It may take a few seconds and you will see the student's updated major in Degree Works.
- Insert a note in SARS to indicate that you updated the student's major on their behalf after obtaining their verbal consent.
Please watch the how-to video: Change A Student's Major.
The "What‐If" allows you to see a worksheet/audit for a new major. Use "What‐If" by selecting the student’s selected degree/certificate. You will see the new requirements and how their coursework will be applied towards the major they are considering.
The course level data from external transcripts are not yet in Banner/Degree Works at this time. A&R is working on building the Articulation Library. Please tell students to submit a Transcript Evaluation.
Click on the three dots in the top right corner and view Course History.
There may be an error when adding a course with a .5 decimal (e.g. 2.5 units) in the ed plan using the "Course" button under the "Requirements" section. This is a known defect and should be fixed in a future system upgrade.
In the meantime, you can use the full course list under "Courses" to drag and drop the course to the ed plan. You can navigate between "Courses", "Requirements", and "Still Needed" using the arrows on the left navigation bar of the ed plan.
If you encounter an error for a different scenario, please submit the Help Ticket Form (For Counselors Only) under "Links" in Degree Works.
Submit the Help Ticket Form (For Counselors Only) under "Links" in Degree Works.
- No underscore is needed if the course number already has 3 numeric digits (e.g. ART 101, 102)
- One underscore is needed if the course number has 2 numeric digits (e.g. MATH _80, _90)
- Exception: only one underscore is needed if the course has 1 numeric digit and 2 alpha (e.g. ENGL _1AS, PHYC _4AL)
- Two underscores are needed if the course number has 1 numeric digits (e.g. PSYC __1, ENGL __1A)
|Course||Course with underscores|
|PSYC 1||PSYC __1 (two underscores)|
|MATH 80||MATH _80 (one underscore)|
|ART 101||ART 101 (no underscore)|
|ENGL 1A||ENGL __1A (two underscores)|
|ENGL 1AS||ENGL _1AS (one underscore)|
After you log into Argos, click on the following folders:
Banner-PROD folder -> Student -> Shared_Reports -> Starfish Ed Plan
Click on "Run Dashboard"
Search student by entering ID #, highlight the ed plan you want to view. Under the "Reports Options" at the top menu bar, select "Starfish Ed Plans". Then, you can choose to Preview, Save, Email or Print.
For more information, please refer to the how-to videos for counselors. Please watch the tutorial videos first. If you still need further technical assistance, please submit a Help Ticket Form (For Counselors Only) under "Links" in Degree Works.