Supporting You in Making Life and Career Choices
From advising you about educational majors or careers to helping you prepare for your job search and/or internships planning, the Career Center can help! Our Career counselors are here to help you in reflecting on your interests, strengths, and skills and guide you in exploring your educational, career and job options.
Career counselors can guide you in exploring your educational, career, and job options and also:
- Counsel undecided students about educational majors or careers
- Provide career assessment and exploration
- Prepare you for a job search and/or internships planning
- Provide Resume and Interviewing counseling
- Network with employers and recruiters about jobs, internships and volunteer opportunities
- Host and sponsor annual career information and job recruitment fairs
To meet with a counselor, use our online appointment system or send us an email.
Visit the Career Center for counseling and resources to help you prepare to seek employment. Career counselors are available through individual and group counseling. Additionally, we offer a variety of workshops and classes to assist in resume writing, interviewing practice and job resource referrals.
Find Jobs & Internships on Handshake
- Available to all students and alumni. Just use your CCSF log in to join
- Searchable and real-time job opportunities. Quickly apply to jobs and internship posted by our employers.
- Messaging system that connects you with fellow students as well as employers so you can grow your network and learn about exciting opportunities!
- Students can upload employment documents, update career interests, manage upcoming interviews and read company reviews from other students.
- Search for events hosted by employers and the CCSF Career Center.
- Fully integrated mobile app for easy access
- Make an appointment with a career counselor to assist you with your job search process.
- In addition to Handshake, the CCSF Career Center has gathered additional information for other online Career and Job Search Resources.
Not sure what you want to do? Take a career survey using Career Coach to find a program that matches your skills and interests. You can also use these websites to begin exploring career options based on your interests, skills, and goals you already have!
Each semester, CCSF offers a variety of Career Development courses to help you:
- Apply self-assessment information to academic and career exploration.
- Construct and take proactive steps to manage and overcome academic and personal obstacles.
- Compare and contrast college majors and transfer institutions thoroughly before making a decision.
- Identify and analyze their rights and responsibilities.
- Investigate ways to contribute to society.
- Apply research skills while taking action to create academic, career, and life options.
- Recognize and value diversity within themselves and among others.
Use the links below to learn more about the courses.
About the Career Center
Within the Continuing Student Counseling Department, we strive to assist students to develop skills to succeed in college, graduate, earn certificates, transfer, and to create and to maintain meaningful careers. Additionally, we endeavor to assist students to reflect on and articulately express their thoughts, values, skills, and interests, and to contribute to society in meaningful ways.