We help faculty with in-class presentations, workshops and many additional resources.
Career Center School Liaison Model
Every CCSF schools/instructional department has an assigned Career Development Center liaisons. The Career Development Center liaisons will serve as the primary point of contact with their assigned schools/instructional departments, developing relationships with the faculty, staff, and/or department chairs. The liaisons can provide the following to their assigned schools/instructional departments:
- Forwarding of employment opportunities, employer contacts, and career resources
- Notifying about Career Development Center resources, services, and events
- Conducting outreach in the classrooms and providing career workshops
- Collaborating on career-relate programs
- Informing the Career Development Center team on news and updates about their assigned schools/instructional departments
The liaisons have the discretion to decide which contacts to develop relationships with. For example, a liaison may decide to forward career information to the department chair of one instructional department, but for another instructional department, they may decide to forward career information to a staff member.
Other career counselors from the Career Development Center can collaborate and communicate with schools/instructional departments that they are not a liaison for. The liaison simply serves as the primary point of contact.
The Career Development Center is available for in-class presentations on the following topics:
- Introduction to Career Planning
- Resume Writing and/or Interviewing Skills
- Job Search Strategies
- Online Resources
- Preparing for Career Fair events
- Other topics by request
To arrange for a career counselor to visit your classroom, please email us at CareerCenter@ccsf.edu