City College of San Francisco offers an extensive schedule of the day, evening, and weekend noncredit classes. Enrollment procedures for these may vary depending on the type of course and the location of the class. You may complete a noncredit admissions application online. Placement assessment, orientation, and counseling are required for many noncredit courses. These free services are offered at various CCSF campus locations. Please check with the campus that offers the class if you have questions.
Go to the Admissions and Enrollment Office at the educational centers listed below o obtain admissions and registration information. Most non-credit classes can be started at any time during the semester.
- Chinatown/North Beach Center, 808 Kearny Street, SF, CA 94108
- Civic Center, 1170 Market Street, SF, CA 94102
- Downtown Center, 88 4th Street, SF, CA 94103
- Evans Center, 1400 Evans Avenue, SF, CA 94124
- John Adams Center, 1860 Hayes Street, SF, CA 94117
- Mission Center, 1125 Valencia Street, SF, CA 94110
- Southeast Center, 1800 Oakdale Avenue, SF, CA 94124
- Ocean Campus, 50 Frida Kahlo Way, MUB Rm 150, SF, CA 94112
What is Non-Credit ESL, and who is Eligible?
If a student wants to improve their English language skills and does not need or want college credits, CCSF offers free non-credit ESL classes to adults in the community to:
- Anyone who is 18 years of age or older
- A minor who may benefit from instruction and has permission from both the local high school and a parent/guardian.
These courses prepare students to function effectively in their daily lives as community members and participants in the workforce. The courses also prepare students to transition to college or technical career training.