Educational Access Television
Educational Access Television hires a few student interns as lab aides or work study for one to two semesters each academic year. Prospective interns must be registered in BCST 160 (the College Internship class), and be taking at least five additional units at City College. All BEMA students are encouraged to apply for internships with EATV. Prior to applying, be sure to review the Student Hiring Eligibility Process.
The following describes different areas of emphasis of internships depending on budget and current needs of the station:
- Electronic Graphics Design: Using a variety of graphics software, the intern creates graphics and other art work for EATV ID's, logos, bulletin boards, and other programming. Previous graphic experience and training highly desirable. This is an opportunity to create a design portfolio.
- Traffic and Master Program Logging: The intern assists with the scheduling of EATV programming and with air-play records and performs other record keeping functions. This is an opportunity to learn about television station administration.
- Head End Operations: The intern assists in operating the EATV digital automated on-air playback system, monitors the air signal for quality, and performs other technical functions as directed. This is an excellent internship for someone with an interest in television engineering.
- Program Acquisition and Production: The intern assists the EATV faculty program manager in assessing the suitability of programming for air. He or she also assists with EATV program production. This is an excellent opportunity for a student who has aspirations of becoming a television producer. Candidates are chosen from outstanding video production students in the BEMA department.
- Television Announcing: The intern writes, performs, and records voice-overs for EATV announcements and other productions, and has the opportunity to appear on EATV productions. This is a perfect internship for a student aspiring to become a television announcer, reporter, anchor, or performer.
For more information about internships with Educational Access Television, email email@example.com or call (415)239-3887.