BEMA Recent Success Stories
- Eduardo Mancera has accepted a full-time job at spanish-language station MundoFox Ch. 38. Is producing/re-designing their local SF production, "El Dia de la Suerte"
- Alexio Qualierini has accepted a job at the leading video game info/blog publisher IGN - a dream job for someone like him who's obsessed with video games (in a good way).
- Mike Monedero has been hired by KPIX CBS-5, part to full-time where he's PA'ing, shooting, associate producing and now, producing.
- Marcial Ornelaz continues to work freelance with KPIX CBS-5 as a prompter operator and special project video editor.
- Gleidson Martins was born in Brasilia and raised in Araguari, a small town in Minas Gerais state, Brazil. The youngest of six children, at the age of 8 he lost his father. His mother worked hard to make sure all of her children received a good education.
Martins started working in the news while he was a university student.
His first published article was an opinion piece, after which he became a columnist for a local magazine, “Roteiro.”
In 2001 he started his first–ever talk show for a production company. The show aired on TV Vitoriosa SBT affiliate. After four years he had well-known, and was asked to write a column on movies, books and events for the newspaper “Gazeta do Triangulo,” for which he later became an investigative reporter. This quickly became his passion.
The newspaper owned a magazine called “Evidencia,” for which Martins was first a reporter, later an editor, and finally, Executive Director.
In 2007, his last year in Brazil, Martins and his team created a magazine, “Bella”, which was dedicated to a women’s audience.
In July of the same year, he moved to the United States in order to learn English. He later took courses in video editing and production at City College of San Francisco, followed by work as production Assistant at KRON 4 San Francisco, and also Programming in the Broadcasting Department at City College.
He later was employed by CBS San Francisco, first as an intern in their Communications Department, then moving on to Production Assistant, and finally becoming video editor for the station’s morning show.
In 2017 Martins founded News UpNOW with one vision – to produce content that matters to the Bay Area and go where the major TV stations don’t go.
In 2020 News UpNOW became registered as a non-profit organization.
Today, Martins is still running the nonprofit, which has been focusing on covering arts, education and entertainment.
- Greg Tietz Working for MLB Advanced Media for 5-years since graduation.
- Maya Finlay – Live Sound FOH Engineer and Monitor Engineer at The Independent, Great American Music Hall, Slim’s (large-scale nightclubs in San Francisco)
- Arica Rust – Live Sound Monitor Engineer for Sound On Sound (San Francisco’s largest Sound Rental company for large concerts) Arica has recently been featured in the Front of House Magazine article highlighting the Parnelli “NextGen of the Year” as one of the top five honorees that will be announced at the 20th annual Parnelli Awards in January 2022.
- Lauren Tabak – Producer for GooglePlay, previously Producer for Rhapsody International and Rhapsody America
- Christine Dumke –IATSE Local 16 and A2 for SF Opera
- Adrian Martinez – Live Sound FOH Engineer at SF Jazz Center and Rickshaw Stop, San Francisco
- Clara Andreu-Perello – Pursuing Master’s Degree in Film Sound at Escola Superior de Cinema | Audiovisuales de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain / Supervising Sound Editor for Independent Short Film in Spain
- Marta Khosraw – Game Sound Audio Assistant at Kabam (online Strategy Games company), previously at Sega and Sony Computer Entertainment America
- Aaron Shore – On Air Personality at KSCO San Cruz
- Carl Orchard – Supervising Sound Editor, Sound Designer –
- Antonino Musco - On–Air DJ at MSK.Party394.com and freelance DJ at The Elbo Room, Amnesia SF (nightclubs) and many Bay Area Sound Festivals (Songbird Festival, Bay Area Indie Music Festival, VivaFest!)
- Davin Gaidano – Owner/Engineer of SonicAV – a live sound and installation company. Davin is also doing web-based audio creation for corporate clients.
- Jennifer Zolinas – Staff Accountant and Production Design Assistant at Sandbox Studio
- Denise Demise Dunne – Pursuing MFA in Electronic Music and Recording Media at Mills College, Oakland
- Jenny Thornburg – Freelance Sound Engineer, Bay Area
- Jonathan C. Perkins – Project Manager for Wells Fargo Digital
- Ross Hopeman – Freelance Production Sound Mixer, Bay Area and Portland, OR
- George Koster - Manager, Marketing Communications, Bay Area LISC | Local Initiatives Support Corporation
- James Clark: Won the SHELDON “SHELLY” FAY MEMORIAL VIDEOGRAPHY SCHOLARSHIP, with a great piece of work.
A Glance at Our Alumni
|Producer, Director, Editor
|KGO 810 AM
Assistant Office Manager
|Earth Island Institute
|CCSF / Channel 27&75
|Coordinator, Editorial & Community Affairs
|Independent Video Producer
|Univision KDTV Channel 14
|Foto Publicitaria y Arquitectonica
|Tele Empresas Fimbres
|Digital Cinema & Sound Design
|Programming & Technology Manager
|San Bruno Municipal Cable TV
|Team Leader VDC Video Capture
|Harris, Bon Annette
|Polygram Group Distribution, Inc.
|Hazard, Edna Love
|Lead and Background Vocals
|Audio/Video Engineering & Maintenance
|Kansora Communications Services
|Web, Video, Multimedia Producer
|Kudasai, Denwa O.
|Web Design & Video Photography
|C. Sky Digital
|Director of Talent Development
|Audio Video Consultant
|Nelson Film & Video Production
|KTOB 1490 AM
|Publisher and Producer
|Bomp Hip Hop
|Founder and President
|Black Ink Marketing & Cedar Grove Publishing
|KFOG 104.5 & 97.7
|Lakas and the Manilatowen Fish
|KISS 98.1 FM
|Sarnecky, Christopher Jon
|Producer, Cameraman, Editor
|Metta Mix Productions
|Volunteer Coordinator / Voice Over Talent
|Indigenous Nations Child & Family Agency / self
|Lamont & Tonelli, 107.7 The Bone
|Yee, Derek James