These courses have NO prerequisites. JAPA 1, 1A, 10A, 10B, 10C, 10D, 16. F
For all other courses, please read the information on the Prerequisites Clearance page for important information such as requirements, deadlines and contact information.
Take Placement Test
Read all instructions before taking the test:
- Go to Japanese Placement Test Google Form.
- Enter your identifying information and take the exam. You must enter an answer for each question.
- Take a screen shot showing your name and score and send it to David Pieper
- Prof. Pieper will complete the necessary paperwork, submit it on your behalf, and notify you when it is done.
- If your placement test score places you in a course that is lower than the one you registered for then you have a choice:
- You may switch to a lower-level course based on your placement test. You switch the registration yourself on MyRAMPortal. If your new course is one that requires a prerequisite, then send an email to David Pieper giving your name, CCSF Student ID Number and the course you switched to.
- You may take the placement exam again to see if you get a higher score. You will need to create a new account using a different email address, but use your same name and CCSF Student ID Number. You can use any email address you like. If you need a new one, there are many services such as Gmail or Yahoo that will let you get a new address for free. The email address needs to be valid because the status of your prerequisite verification will be sent to that email address. There is no limit to the number of times you can take the placement exam using different email addresses.
Japanese Placement Advisor: If your test results do not place you definitively, and if you need advice for which course to take based on test results, please contact the Japanese Placement Advisor: Dr. Kimiyoshi Inomata.