1. Apply to the College
- If you're new to CCSF or you've not taken a course at CCSF in over two semesters, you'll need to apply to the college. When you apply, you'll receive a CCSF ID number and a registration appointment.
- If you only want to take a language class, on the application be sure to say you only want this class and/or you have an AA or higher degree, which will exempt you from the three steps of going to new student orientation, taking English and Math placement tests, and seeing a counselor.
Apply to CCSF
2. Register for a World Languages Class
- Now it's time to register for your class. If you are registering for an entry-level class (1, 1A) OR a conversation class (courses that are numbered 10, 11, 12, 14, 15) there are no prerequisites. Just go ahead and register in your myRAM portal.
- If you're registering for a class numbered 1B or above (and it's not a conversation class, i.e. the 10 series), and if you acquired your language skills outside of a CCSF classroom, please follow the instructions on the Prerequisites Clearance Page to clear the prerequisite. Even if your course requires a prerequisite clearance, you can register first.
Register in Your myRAM Portal