Why study Russian? With over 250 million speakers worldwide, Russian is the eighth most spoken language in the world and is listed as an official language in eight countries!
- Russian is a critical language. Russian speakers are in high demand in both military and civilian agencies in the US government.
- Russian is an important language for science, technology, business, ballet, theater, cinema, literature, and music.
- Russian combines well with many other disciplines such as business, science, political science or history, engineering, mathematics, arts or music.
- Specializing in Russian brings many benefits, both professional and personal ones.
Why study Russian at CCSF?
- Students learn from native speakers.
- California’s Russian-speaking community is concentrated in the San Francisco area. Learning Russian is the perfect opportunity to broaden your social circle (Community Center, Russian events, Russian Language Meetup Groups)
- Many of our courses are CSU/UC transferable.
- Tutoring services are available and free of charge for all students currently enrolled in a language course.