Increasing Quality Child Development Services in San Francisco
The overall goal of the Professional Development Project is to increase quality child development services in San Francisco through the promotion of recruitment, retention and educational advancement in the Early Care and Education Workforce.
The activities include comprehensive career resources, academic advising, information on training opportunities, and a partnership between the Community College and San Francisco State University. The project also serves as a voice for professional development, career resource issues, early childhood workforce compensation, and public policy.
City College of San Francisco sponsors frequent Child Development Permit Workshops at San Francisco State University. These workshops are specifically designed to meet the needs of SFSU students and staff.
Call Wendy Yu at 415-452-5605 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information!
Career and Education Resources
Pathways to Graduation and Transfer for Child Development Students
- SFUSD Dual-enrollment Pathways - High School Pathways for Future Teachers and Youth Workers, for information contact:
- AEBG Pathway - ESL and AEBG Pathway for ECE
- Working Adult Degree Program - Evening, Night and online courses for working adults interested in graduation and transfer. Child Development Majors encouraged!
- CCSF Metro Academy - a cohort of students taking General Education courses
- ECE Workforce Pathway courses - GE classes offered in the evenings for CDEV students