Resources and Advice for Students Interested in Teaching as a Career
Are you interested in becoming K-12 or CTE teachers? Visit the Teacher Prep Center for advising, pathway and transfer support, resources and information on related activities including, mentoring, Future Teachers Club, field experience opportunities, and specific course offerings for future teachers.
Take a look at this video for Teach for the Bay
for more information visit the website: Teach for the Bay
Exploring TK-12 Teaching
Explore the teaching profession while you are at CCSF:
Visit Teach for the Bay to learn about exciting opportunities.
- Explore www.teachcalifornia.org for information, resources, and support for becoming a teacher in California!
- Review the Teacher Loan Program for financial aid information.
- Enroll in a Child Development Field Experience course and earn units while learning to work in K-12 classrooms.
- Engage in paid or volunteer opportunities working with children at CCSF at our child development centers and at elementary, middle, and high schools in SFUSD.
- Visit the Teacher Prep Center in MUB 249 for fieldwork and work experience course information.
- Obtain a child development permit and work in the field while you are in school! Email email@example.com or call 415-452-5605 for information, employment opportunities, and support!
- Subscribe to the Teacher Prep email list to stay informed. Send an email to Majordomo@ccsf.edu with the following command in the body of your email message: subscribe teacher prep.
- Have more questions? Check out the Frequently Asked Questions About Careers in Elementary and Secondary Education
- Interested in Special Education? Check out our Special Education TK-12 Certificate of Achievement