The Metro Transfer Program (Metro) was developed to support students to transfer in a timely manner and gain the skills necessary to succeed in college and find a meaningful career. Metro scholars receive personalized support for college success and take general education courses together, build close relationships with classmates and faculty, and get additional support in preparation for transfer.
Metro is for students who:
- Want to transfer to a 4-year university
- Would benefit from extra support
- May be the first in their family to go to college
- Plan to be enrolled full-time (at least 12 units)
Adjusting to college can be challenging, especially if you are the first in your family to attend. Learning in a small, supportive community of students and faculty can help you thrive at CCSF and through to your transfer destination.
Benefits of Metro
- A community of students and faculty
- Supportive counseling and tutoring
- A pathway of classes that help you get your associate degree and then transfer to a CSU, UC, Private school or school of your choice
- Classes that connect to real life
- College and career skills to help you achieve your goals
- Access to printing and a space to study in the Metro Resource Room
- Priority registration
Apply to Metro
If you are interested in applying, please complete our online application. We accept applications on an ongoing basis! Space is limited, so applying early is recommended.
Metro Scholarship Opportunity
Metro Transfer Program partners with The Foundation Promise Scholarship to provide approximately 20-30 students entering CCSF from high school every fall with a $10,000 scholarship! Apply to the Metro Transfer Program for the fall semester and your application will automatically be considered for a Foundation Promise scholarship if you meet the minimum requirements. For more information, please visit the Foundation Promise Website.