What is Zoom?
Zoom is a cloud-based meeting service. It unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, and group messaging into one easy-to-use platform. Zoom promotes its product with a basic “3-in-1 cloud meeting” structure.
This structure refers to the combination of
- a mobile device
- a computer
- a conference room
Keep in mind that Zoom was originally geared towards the corporate world but now it can easily be used in the classroom. In fact, their website boasts that more than 65,000 institutions are using Zoom right now, including more than 2500 educational institutions globally. Customer testimonials praise the ease of use of the product and classify it as a solution to many of their needs.
CCSF has an account through CCCConfer. Zoom has been adopted by many institutions including CSU & UC-wide systems. Setting up a Zoom meeting is quite simple. Every CCSF Staff and Faculty member has an account. Staff and Faculty can access Zoom through the RAM ID portal (https://ramid.ccsf.edu). Once logged in, click the zoom tile.
New CCSF Staff and Faculty require the following one-time activation:
- After clicking the Zoom Tile in the RAM ID portal, you will be taken to a webpage to confirm your CCSF email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- An email will be sent to the email address entered in the previous step. Open the email from Zoom.
- Choose the "Activate Account" button from that email. This will launch the Zoom Login webpage.
- Once you are on the Zoom Login webpage, click the blue "Sign in with SSO" button
- Once you have confirmed login, you are all set
For additional help with Zoom, please visit our "Using CityZoom" (https://ccsf.instructure.com/courses/39902) course in Canvas.