Canvas Faculty Support
- For 24/7 Canvas Help, Chat with Canvas Faculty Support.
- For faculty support from the Office of Online Learning and Educational Technology, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remote Distance Learning with Canvas
- Support for Instructors
- Passport to Canvas (Introduction to Canvas)
- Pronto Training for Faculty (Faculty will need to login via the RAM ID Portal)
- Request to Enroll a Guest with Legitimate Educational Interest In Your Course (Login to 365 required)
- Request to Cross-List Courses in Canvas (Login to 365 required)
- Request Access to Canvas for Incompletes (Login to 365 required)
- Request a Temporary Distance Education Canvas "Sandbox" (this sandbox will have templates) (Login to 365 required)
- Request a Canvas "Sandbox" (this sandbox will be empty - no templates) (Login to 365 required)
- Request a Google Site Template (Login to 365 required)
- Request Educational Technology Form for Canvas, Google, Zoom, Other (Login to 365 required)
- Request for a Department Canvas Shell (Login to 365 Required)
- Request to give permission to a faculty colleague or your department chair to export content from a Canvas shell that contains your intellectual property. (Login to 365 Required)
- Request Impact Campaign (Login to 365 Required)
- Get your Canvas Course Ready for the New Semester
- Noncredit: Support for Canvas & Remote Teaching
- Accessibility in Canvas
Distance Education Addenda (DEA)
Before a class can be offered online it must meet the CCSF Curriculum Committee Distance Education Addendum Requirements. Once the class has been approved for development, the Educational Technology Department works with the developer to make certain that curriculum requirements are met.
- Start Here: to Create a New DEA - Submit a DEA only if you received an award letter from the DLAC and Office of Online Learning
- Start Here: to Modify a DEA
- DEA Crib Notes
- 3.2.4 Details of the DEA - Follow these directions exactly and you will save time.
- Background information on Distance Education Addenda
- Definitions of Modes of Instruction Approved by the College-wide Curriculum Committee