Writing Support Services
The Writing Success Project is a TRIO student support services program linked to sections of English 88 up through English 1B and 1C.
The Writing Success Project is designed for first-generation college students, low-income students, and students with disabilities. Each section offers a professional tutor who attends class and leads weekly study groups. Eligible students receive academic counseling, help to apply for scholarships, transfer planning, career exploration, individual coaching, support with financial literacy, and other support to help you reach your goals.
Benefits of WSP
- Study groups with tutors who know the readings and assignments
- A place and time to complete homework each week
- Priority registration (for students who attend WSP groups)
- Academic counseling and advising
- A well-supported classroom experience
- Stimulating instructors and engaging topics
- Assistance with scholarship and transfer applications
- A supportive student community
- The opportunity to be published in an annual anthology of student writing
Apply to the Writing Success Project
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or come to Rosenberg 231B to complete an application.