STAR Center Computer Lab
- All students are required to log in at the STAR Center Front Counter.
- Students can scan their current CCSF ID Card or type in their CCSF ID Number.
Policies For Drop In Students
- Computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- One student per computer and one computer per student.
- There is a 1 1/2 hour limit per session when other students are waiting.
- Absence from a workstation for 20 minutes will result in student's automatic logout and the reassignment of the workstation to the waiting students.
- No food or drinks permitted.
If you need assistance, please ask any staff or laboratory assistant. Pinnacle black and white single side laser printer is available and it costs $.12 per printed page. You may purchase, or add value to a Print/Copy Card with one of the card vending machines located by the Computer Lab Counter. You will be charged for each page that comes out of the printer including blank pages, so, please use the print preview. Unclaimed print jobs will be deleted after four hours.
Computer Lab Reservations
STAR Center (LAD) Computer Lab is available for use
Monday - Thursdays 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM and
Fridays 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
STAR Center (LAD) Computer Lab is not available to reserve for two weeks before or during midterms and final exams.
The LAD Computer Lab Provides:
- Open lab space, which is adjacent to Tutoring and another Computer Lab, with students studying on premises.
- 33 Computers with Windows 10 installed. There is no projector/screen available but whiteboard can be requested.
- Headphones at each workstation.
- Internet access with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge browsers.
- Microsoft Office 2019
- Black and White Laser Printing - $0.12/page with Pinnacle card available in the lab
- Faculty may reserve up to 2 sessions in the lab at a time, based on availability. Classes cannot meet regularly in the lab.
- To reserve the STAR Center (LAD) Computer Lab please email requests with class information, class and teacher name, department, number of students and needed date/time to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your reservation will be confirmed or rescheduled via email.
Lab Policies for the Visiting Classes:
- Instructor must accompany the students during their scheduled lab visit.
- Tech support is not available during class time.
- Extra software may not be installed in the lab for the scheduled reservation.
- Please visit the lab before your reservation to test any computer class activity and preview facilities.
- If needed, please make arrangements with DSPS for computer accommodations before bringing your class to the lab.
- Do not save files on the computer. They will be erased when the computer restarts.
- Please remove any extra chairs you bring into the lab at the end of your class.
- Please have your students sign in and out with their Student IDs number at the Computer Lab Service Counter.
- Please be respectful of other CCSF students using the open lab and monitor the noise level during your reservation.