Free, Open Access Computer Lab
The Learning Assistance Computer Lab is City College of San Francisco's largest open-access computer lab for all registered CCSF students.
The Learning Assistance Computer Lab is located in the Rosenberg Library, R207. Students can work on assignments in a supportive and welcoming environment. Laboratory assistants are available to help students in selecting and using the laboratory’s hardware and software. The lab offers open access to a 100 Windows computers with Internet, email, MS Office access, and a variety of educational software programs for all current CCSF students. Laser black and white printing, scanners, and 14 laptop stations equipped with power strips and local wireless access points are available.
Using the Computer Lab
- All students are required to log in at the Learning Assisance front counter.
- Students can scan their current CCSF ID Card or type in their CCSF ID Number.
- Computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- One student per computer and one computer per student.
- There is a 1 1/2 hour limit per session when other students are waiting.
- Absence from a workstation for 20 minutes will result in student's automatic logout and the reassignment of the workstation to the waiting students.
- No food or outside drinks allowed.
If you need assistance, please ask any staff or laboratory assistant. There two printing systems available. Pinnacle (black and white single side laser printer) and WEPA (multiple b/w and color options). Local Pinnacle printing cost $.12/page. You may purchase, or add value to a Print/Copy Card with one of the card vending machines located by the Computer Lab Counter. You will be charged for each page that comes out of the printer including blank pages, so, please use the print preview. Unclaimed print jobs will be deleted after four hours. WEPA printers are located on every floor of the Library and utilize RamID and WEPA account (wepanow.com).