Provide Support and Welcoming Support for Current and Former Foster Youth
The Guardian Scholars Program is committed to helping current and former foster youth college-bound students complete their educational goals by providing comprehensive support services.
The program provides direct services, such as resource center with computer lab/printing, financial aid guidance, book vouchers, transportation passes, matriculation assessment and referrals to community-based resources as needed and available.
Services The Program Offers
- Priority registration
- Referrals to academic, career & personal counseling
- Textbook assistance (Fall & Spring semesters)
- Monthly transportation passes (Fall & Spring semesters)
- Computer lab/study area/free printing
- Campus program referrals
- Enrichment activities
- Summer Academy (partnership with S.F.U.S.D.)
- Supportive service referrals
- Scholarship information
- Clothing closet